20. Call It A Day

» Word count: 8,865 «

After the fight, where trues were revealed, he didn't have any more energy left to do anything. At first he wanted to go to H's place, snuggle in bed with his pets and do nothing. Or even just hug H and cry, make his head believe there's someone who cares. But when he saw the side of the house, he couldn't bring himself to go through. He made a sharp turn, losing his path one more time. Ever since he came back, he hadn't really done anything to mend the bridges rupturing under all the weight. Truth be told, he deserved it for pushing everything aside in preference of temporary normalcy. And he should've mended the bridges, long ago. But not with Wilbur. Never with Wilbur. That was a bridge he never wanted to see, one he never wanted to even meet in the middle.

He continued walking with no destination in mind. Going to the DSMP again was an option, a third time could do his head some good. At least he'd embracing his cowardly side, at least he could pretend to actually reflect on all that's been going on. Tempting, but he was too much of a coward to go there. Too many memories he didn't want were there, and they were haunting regardless.

After walking aimlessly around H's place, seeing another two houses and the shared house of Eret, Niki and Tubbo, he couldn't pinpoint his uneasiness. At the end, he returned to the lake, this time sitting far from the place before. He made sure, again and again, that this time he was alone; that he wouldn't be joined again, even if he couldn't control that entirely. The waters were calm, nothing like the storm making a mess of his thoughts. A frustrated sigh escaped. His fist hit the ground, sending a shock through his arm. It was so frustrating. Annoying. And he hated it.

He hated Wilbur.

He really did.

Colorful words were thrown to the wind, no message in particular that he wanted to send. Screaming to the nothingness, with no one to reply was good. With the forests in the middle, he was sure he wasn't heard too much. Not like he cared anymore. He should've been past the point of caring with Wilbur, yet there he was; once again putting a hold on his life for him. The world could burn down for all he cared, as long as it meant not having to see him ever again. A part of his head was nagging; he should've gone somewhere else and just…

"This is stupid," he muttered to himself. He hit the ground again, this time lightly, barely pressing his fist against the grass. He was right, there were a thousand, well not a thousand but a handful of, people he could've asked. It didn't need to be Wilbur, it didn't need to be his renounced father to announce who blew the place up. It didn't have to be. It could've been anyone, maybe it would've hurt less.

"Maybe," he mumbled.

"You look troubled."

Fundy turned his head, seeing Punz a couple of blocks away. He didn't want to humor him, he wasn't one to do that anyways; on occasions perhaps. He frowned, unfriendly welcoming the company.

"Wow, calm down. I didn't know you were here." He said, raising his hands to the air as he stopped walking to him. "I just wanted to see the lake and chill."

Punz walked straight to the lake, rather than diagonally to Fundy as first intended. He placed a boat, glancing at him for approval or something. He didn't need approval but somehow it felt like it did. Whatever took him to that state sure did a great job, intentionally or not. Fundy looked away, and he let out a breath he didn't know was being held. He jumped on his boat, grabbing the paddles to row far from where he was currently. A thought stopped his actions. He turned, placing his crafting table on land to craft something.

"Want to join?"

Punz asked, making his head turn to his direction. He saw him place another boat made of the same oak wood next to his, leaving the crafting table there. It was a nice gesture, but he wasn't in the mood to row. His head was halfway through shaking, before realizing he didn't have to talk to him exactly. If conversation was initiated, he could simply not answer. And he didn't remember much interactions with him, as they were on opposite sides anyways, so the past wasn't an entirely viable option either. He thought it over a second longer, finally deciding to join him.