7. Friend

» Word count: 1,039 «

Spoiler: No read = no feel :]

After everyone lingered a little too long on the door, holding a little while longer on the hugs, at the end it was just Fundy and H left. They pampered the furry babies, baby-talking to them as they silently agreed to ignore the talk for a bit longer. Fundy sat crossed-legs lifting one of his foxes, making funny faces. It was funny how their ears and tails swayed happily in sync, both foxes happy to see each other. H looked at them, patting Boots and scratching the fox’s head laying on his shoulders. He smirked, tilting his head when he was finally noticed. Fundy’s face flustered.

“What?” He asked, faking a frown. He put the fox down, pouting at his smirk.

“Is Master happy?” He asked innocently, catching the fox that jumped to his arms. He held the fox, which stood on its back legs to play with its sibling. He erupted in laughter again when Fundy made a face.

“God no, shut up! Don’t!” He pouted, glaring at him. “Shut up! I hate, hate, hate that!”

H laughed, putting down the pets as he got up. He shook the fur on his clothes, but nothing came out. The pets were whiny from the lack of attention, then ran to Fundy for attention. It was nice to see them together, remembering that time he helped him get the cats. Although it was so long ago, he still remembered. The cat-maid suit was probably somewhere hidden in his closet, and he almost wanted to go look for it. Fundy’s glare gave him the motivation. Hopefully it would still fit.

The place was tiny, enough for one person only. It was a surprise it even fit an adult and four pets, so there was no actual place for him to stay the night. With just a blanket on the floor, Fundy laid with his pets around him. With the lights out and barely any moonlight sipping through the blinds, he wasn’t very tired. He outlined shapes on the ceiling, sighing. A smile curved on his lips, with tears lazily sliding down. In the darkness of the room, he felt a body lay next to him. Who else but H. He turned to his side, seeing him stare at the ceiling with new-found intensity. He wiped his face, closing his eyes to enjoy the quietness in the moment.

There was a world and space to discuss, so many things running circles in their heads. Thoughts wild around the room, filling the already tiny place. It felt cramped with unsaid things, memories shared and memories lost too. But it was alright. They had the company of a friend and the furry friends; all furries for H anyways. Smiles told stories, memories sailing far from reach and pulling them along.

Fundy laid on his back again, having enough of staring at another man. He giggled at that. He reached over and grabbed H’s hand, just because.

They laid in silence, holding hands because friends were allowed to do that. A friend’s touch always felt good, especially when there were so many uncertainties in life. Just a hand to hold, to guide and someone to fall to. Indeed, it was good to have friends like that. There was a kind of safety they weren’t aware of, one that rocked them to slumber so gently and with such care they never knew off.

“Fundy?”

“Hm?”

“Glad to have you back.”

By the time the sun was awake, the birds were chirping their alarms. He frowned, sleeping on the floor wasn’t very comfortable and not one of his best ideas. The furry bodies woke up with him, yawning too as he patted them softly. He smiled, wishing them good morning and he froze at the empty space next to him. His hand was tingling, suddenly cold from the warmth. His body froze, a wild thought crashing into his head. As if Fundy had never been there, because it looked empty like no one had been there. So many thoughts were running circles, breaking the peace of the room. Like a hurricane in a tight place.

He got up quickly, making himself dizzy with the sudden movement. He looked around repeatedly. In every corner and edge, searching for any sign of him. Any trace and any clue that let him be at peace. He just needed to know that it wasn’t in his head. It couldn’t be happening again. They couldn’t lose him again, not after getting him back. Two years. Two years without knowing where Fundy had been, two years of looking for him. Two years of looking after his pets, keeping them company as they cried at night for someone that was gone suddenly. Like them, he perked up at every knock on the door, he followed every glimpse of movement that led nowhere. Like them, he desperately wanted him to show up one day. He went over it again and again. He went over it so many times it became a play in his head, each a character with their lines and actions. Fundy would walked in, looking tired and in need of a shower, he wouldn’t even be mad. There was no reason to be. Every feeling other than relief would have gone with the sight.

“Oh, sorry for snooping,” Fundy apologized after being caught looking around H's room. He opened his mouth, but was stopped when H came crashing into his arms.

His breathing became quick and heavy, breaking down on him. He gripped the back of his shirt, almost pulling it just to hold him tight. Fear was a strong feeling. Fear of losing again was an even stronger feeling. Those two years flashed in his mind. All those days and nights with the anxiety of looking, of not finding anything. He couldn’t ignore it.

“What a cry-baby,” Fundy mumbled, wrapping his arms around him. Although there was a shy grin in his face, he hid it in H's shoulder. There was still so much to ask and know, two years was a whole book he had no time to read. He couldn't afford to be insensitive, especially when he too was breaking down at the gaps of the time he lost. "I'm sorry…"

•••••••

So, yeah, I'm hating how it's turning out. But I'm pogging through it. Give me clout thank u :]

Uh, yeah, Fundy and H friendship supremacy or something :]