18. Under The Influence Of...

» Word count: 3,857 «

After a quick shower and borrowing some clothes, he wondered if it was worth sleeping in the living room again. He decided against it, since everyone was there already. As he knocked down the nightstand to make room for another bed, H woke up rubbing his eyes. He sat on the bed, just waiting for him to say something stupid. The smirk appeared first, his own face going pale as he braced himself for it.

“Is Master going to sleep with me?”

“No. You leave.”

“But there’s nowhere else to sleep!”

The conversation was enough to wake the furry babies, making them jump to the bed. Fundy caught one of the foxes in his arms, while the other landed directly on H’s stomach. He laughed when he groaned at the pain. The cats also rested on the bed, preferring to sleep than being affectionate. They played with the foxes a little as the night grew older.

“Why do you live alone?” He asked, focusing mainly on petting the fox. He glanced at H, just laying and being licked by the playful fox. He chuckled. “Well, not entirely alone I suppose.”

H got up, leaning on his arm. “I don’t know. We aren't allowed to change, since the ‘houses’ are up already.” He unconsciously scratched the fox’s head, thinking of that time. “I had your pets with me, so I initially wanted to be alone because it would’ve been troublesome and full to be with other people. You can see how small the places are. They decided on this, I'm just following rules.”

“That’s messed up. And who's 'they'?”

H shrugged.

“Would you want to move in with Eret, Niki, Tubbo and me?”

“Just being with you is worth it!”

“Yuck. The offer has been rescinded.”

H laughed again, smirking. He shook his head, letting the fox run to its sibling.

“Like I said, we are not allowed to change. You are the exception, for the time being I guess. Once you settle, you'll have to choose who you're staying with.”

“Hm… Sleep.”

“Whatever master wants me to do in bed!”

“Oh shut up!”

H laughed one more time as Fundy laid down. They stared at each other in the dark, each mind wondering what the other looked like, or what they were thinking about. Fundy brought the blankets up, even when the night wasn't too cold. He thought of H and his pets again, imagining moments he would ask about later. With time, eventually he would get back the missed moments. And not only with them, but with everyone else too.

Yes, that would be good. Word by word, he would build up memories. It was better than nothing at all. So for the time being, he could only see their changed faces as his own remained untouched by time.

H reached over, caressing his cheek. He shivered but let himself enjoy the touch, holding his hand and taking in the warmth. It was okay now, he wasn't alone. One day he would be able to be forgiven and forget, move on past everything that went on. One day, things would return to how they were. Even if it means no more DSMP and L'manburg, and he didn't mind it at all.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight," he mumbled softly.

Before the early sun could rise, one of the foxes woke him up by licking his face. He woke up slowly, holding the tiny body so it wouldn’t fall like other times. When he sat up, he noticed an additional weight on the other side of his bed; heavier than all the pets combined. He looked over, seeing Fundy snuggled on his side while his bed was taken by the pets. A playful thought came to his head, wanting to tease him awake but held from doing so. The fox jumped away, joining the others as it wasn’t getting any attention. Fundy was so peaceful, curled up and looking so small. His tail wrapped like a blanket, like the two foxes used to do at nights. He chuckled softly, gently caressing his head.