quatre

its been a couple days since donghyuck has officially moved in with mark and its been hell.

he couldn't stand his cheery aroma wandering around the house. hes super loud and never shuts up. he always sings songs that couldnt annoy mark more.

though very late at night, donghyuck sneaks out the house to who knows where. from his window, mark sees the latter in all black, heading the direction of a cemetery near by. he thought to ask the boy where he was going but he just let it be.

today was a bit different. for once, it was quiet in the house. donghyuck and mark were sitting separately on the couch, watching whatever the tv was playing for them. mark looked over to the younger who seemed down. his facial expressions were different and it seemed like he was deep in his thoughts.

he's never seen donghyuck like this. he's usually smiling and blabbing about his day but today he was in complete silence. didnt speak a word. 

"whats up." mark said, still facing the tv. donghyuck lifted his head up and looked to the side of him.

"what?"

"whats wrong." mark sighed.

"what do you mean?"

"you're sad, i can tell."

"im not sad." donghyuck tried to tell the older.

"yes you are. you're being quiet. usually right now you would be talking about what you did today. but you're not so obviously theres something wrong."

donghyuck was a bit shocked at how observant mark was being. he never realized how mark was actually paying attention for once.

"well... i dont know. just some things have come up and it has me stressed."

"well don't stress too much or you'll grow pimples. you wouldn't want ruining that "beautiful" face of yours." obviously donghyuck knew mark was teasing him at this point. but it actually lifted his mood up a bit.

"haha very funny. who knew mark lee could joke. interesting." donghyuck smirked at him and mark lee gave him a teasing push on his arm but not too hard.

"were u ever happy?" the younger suddenly asks. mark was taken back a bit by his blunt question. "i dont know... ever since ive met you, you were always grumpy and u bullied other kids. kids like you i never understood. why do you just bully innocent kids only for them to become depressed right afterwards. I don't understand. but also something about you i felt weirdly connected with.. so i wanted to be your friend. maybe to help you learn that hurting other peoples feelings isn't okay but we all have our reasons I guess"

mark sat in silence, shocked by what he said. though he took the time to think of what he was gonna say.

"i was" mark started off. "i was happy once. my mother was the source of my happiness. then she.. you know and i lost myself. my dad taught me things and they weren't good. the things he said stuck to me. though i always wondered what life would be life if i didn't turn out to be like this. if my mother didn't get sick and die... i would be happy."

donghyuck listened to everything he said. its rare to hear mark talk about his feelings so hes glad mark is comfortable enough to speak.

"then i met you. happy people. it disgusted me." mark said. "so i resorted to bullying cause its what my father taught me. though you... no matter how many times i bullied you, you were still happy. and worst of all, u wanted to be my friend? why would u want to be friends with a terrible human... like me." mark trailed off and donghyuck shut the tv off. he got closer to mark and strictly said to him.

"you, mark lee, are not a terrible human. you were just led through the wrong path. but i believe. very strongly that you have good in you. i can feel it and i know you know." mark didn't even notice himself crying until donghyuck once again wiped them away. 

mark didn't know what happened but his touch felt different this time. he liked it.. words have never affected him this much before. he realized its true when words can take such a big toll on people, good or bad.

"no one.. no one has ever told me that." mark said quietly.

"well im glad to be the first." donghyuck gave small smile and furthered himself from the boy. without saying a word, mark left to his room.

needless to say, mark thought about his words all night.

-

"good morning mark!" donghyuck skipped to the kitchen, greeting mark who was making himself breakfast.

mark sighed, "morning."

"grumpy as always."

"you already know." donghyuck stood next to him, leaning his body onto the counter.

"disregarding what happened last night, do you wanna do something today?" mark looked next to him, seeing the boy awaiting his response.

"i.. i guess. what do you wanna do."

"maybe the mall! we can get new clothes for you" donghyuck gave him a smile.

"you know people are just gonna run away from the sight of me. plus they'll go crazy seeing you with me out of all people." mark moved to the table and the smaller followed sitting across from him.

"so what! i don't give a fuck about what other people think. i mean i can help you becoming a bit more social, so people don't get scared. oh no!! the beast is coming!!" donghyuck mimicked a beast terrorizing the people. mark scoffed at him.

"so... is that a yes?"

"mmm.. fine."

--

sorry these r quite short </3