Chapter 7

Cara's POV

Previously:

We both couldn't seem to get close enough to each other, our kiss getting heated quickly.

But before it could go any farther, Luke fell away from my grip. My eyes snapped opened just in time to see Luke thrown twenty meters across the forest floor and into a faraway tree. I let out a yelp of surprise, turning to Niall who was breathing heavily beside me.

This was exactly what I thought was going to happen: Luke getting hurt because of me.

***

God, why couldn't I have controlled myself?

I was just so caught up in seeing Luke that I wasn't thinking about the consequences. I stared open mouthed at Niall, but I still couldn't get angry with him. I was in shock that he would do something like that, but I guess I shouldn't have been. He did change me against my will after all.

I quickly shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts, before turning around and trying to to run over to Luke to make sure he was okay.

A hand shot out lightening fast, catching my wrist tight enough to leave bruises if I was a human, but now it was just restraining me from going to Luke.

"Don't even think about it," Niall growled under his breath, and I spun around to face him.

"Let me at least go see if he's okay," I begged, once again trying to force myself to get angry with him. This was his fault, I should be furious. But I wasn't, and I hated myself for it. Because of this bond, I could physically feel how he felt. Which was extremely conflicting. It made me want to console him, the pain radiating off of his figure in waves.

But he just tried to conceal it with anger.

"No, I don't care if he's okay or not, I don't want you near him. Now you're coming back with me to the cabin," He ordered, jaw clenched and eyes red. I immediately shook my head; I may not have been able to get mad at him, but I still had my free will.

"No, I'm staying," I spoke quietly, but instantly regretted it when Niall growled, placing his head centimeters away from mine.

"No, you're not," He spoke lowly, his eyes daring me to disobey him. I whimpered in fear, but one glance at Luke had me holding my ground.

"You're going to have to make me go, because I won't willingly," I spoke slowly, making sure he understood how I felt. He just raised his eyebrows, causing my eyes to widen in shock as I realized what I just said.

"No, no-wait-" Niall cut me off as my body began to stiffen.

"Fine, I'll make you," He spoke through gritted teeth, and then without warning, I was sprinting through the trees away from where I wanted to be the most; away from Luke.

I ran faster than I could ever imagine, not once tiring. It was refreshing in a way I never thought possible. The wind whipped harshly around my face, making my hair fly behind my in a mane of long dark locks. The cabin came into view in no time, the boys all waiting out of the porch.

All of them, except for Harry.

My eyes widened. He's still out there with Luke. I felt my heart clench at the thought of Niall being there when he came to. I didn't want to see him get hurt, especially not because of me. No matter what had happened, he and Niall were still friends. I honestly didn't want to come between them.

I stopped sprinting as soon as my feet touched the porch steps, almost falling forward due to the momentum of my running. All the boys were staring at me in distressed concern, but I didn't care. All I could think about was that Luke was out there too. I couldn't even imagine him and Niall getting into a fight.