The Surprise

A/N: Ok so this is my first fanfic that I'm actually going to try and make half decent. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment:) In this story times will sort of jump around, so I will include ages and all of that jazz. The first few chapters are going to focus more on Tessa and her being pregnant, and then the focus will shift to the child. Anyways, I am going to shut up now, so I hope you enjoy it!

Tessa walked into her and Dean's bedroom closing the door behind her. Dean paused the TV and looked at her.

"Hey babe. I warmed up the bed for you." Dean smiled. He noticed that Tessa's face looked frozen. "Hey, are you alright?" He sat up.

"Uh, um, yeah yeah I am fine." She began fidgeting with her fingers.

"No something is wrong. Tessa, what is it?" Dean was concerned.

"Dean, I have to tell you something." Tessa sat down on the edge of the bed.

Dean straightened his back. "Ok. Are you hurt? Sick?"

"No. It isn't anything bad. But when I tell you, you need to stay calm. Ok?" She put her hand on Dean's.

"I promise." Dean smiled.

"I'm pregnant." Tessa exhaled sharply. Dean looked her in the eyes.

"For real?" He stood up, and so did Tessa. "I'm gonna be a father?" Dean smiled.

"For real." Tessa laughed, and Dean ran over to hug her. "I'm only about a month along. I wasn't sure how to tell you. I am sorry it wasn't more special."

"Why would you be sorry? We are having a baby! It can't get much more special than that." Dean smiled and hugged her again. "We are having a baby!" His eyes began watering. "Who all knows?" They sat back down on the bed.

"We are the only ones. I thought that maybe we could go to the bunker tomorrow and tell Sam, as well as Mary." Tessa looked out the window. "I can't believe this is happening. We are going to be parents." She looked back at Dean. "I mean, what if something happens to the baby? What if it gets hurt? What if I do something wrong?" Tessa began breathing rapidly.

Dean put his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, hey, take a breath. Everything is going to be just fine. Our baby has a huge family that will love it and knows how to take care of them. Our baby is going to be amazing, alright?" Dean smiled at her and pulled her in, hugging her tight. "Listen, tomorrow we will call the doctor to get an appointment to make sure everything is ok. Does that sound ok?" Dean pulled her off, and Tessa shook her head.

"Yeah, yeah that sounds like a plan." Tessa sniffled. Dean reached up and wiped the tears from her face with his hand. "Sorry for crying on you. I didn't want to worry you."

"Hey, there is no need to apologize. You are allowed to have feelings, as well as express them." Dean smiled and patted on the bed. "I think it is about time for us to head to bed." They smiled and lay down. As soon as their heads hit the pillows, they were fast asleep.