𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜

jamie letterman lives a boring life.

jamie letterman wakes up every single boring, rainy, brighton morning, and drives to her boring, fuck off- annoying job.

today is no different, as jamie pulls into her designated parking spot in the lot of the café she was employed at.

i sigh, slamming my car door shut and locking it.

i shove my keys into my jean pocket, along with my phone, before pulling my tan apron over me and tying it as i walked increasingly quicker to the door of my workplace.

i swing the door open, sliding my worker i.d. over the check-in machine.

it gives me a familiar beep, reading my name out and the time i had clocked in, before turning back off.

my co-worker, niki, gives me a bright smile as i slide behind the counter.

"heellloooo jamie!" she greets, her slight german accent shining through in her warm tone.

"hello niki." i return, giving her a gentle smile.

she tells me about the morning. how her cat had woken her up when it knocked over a mirror in her home, and ho she had come into work early.

she tells me about the few customers who happened to wander in while the morning shift was in motion, which sounded to just be a few of our regulars, including a fluffy-haired american boy, named travis, and a tall irish girl, becca, who always chit-chatted with niki and i as she ate her normal breakfast sandwich and drank her iced caramel latte.

i knew our customers by heart, since they were my friends.

i'd known travis and becca for as long as i could remember, and niki for even longer.

we'd all gone to school together, and started streaming together as well.

we were our own little group, and we didn't need anyone else.

my shift went as normal, the warm coffee smell and the sound of the local radio station drifted throughout my senses as i finished off another customer's order.

i hand it off to niki, who takes it to the opposite side of the counter, handing it to a short blonde, the name of the order had been river.

the name was fitting, the blonde moved like water, if that made any sense.

they wandered across the café gently, before taking a seat by the window, pulling out a macbook and beginning what i assumed was some sort of work.

people did that a lot. coming into the café to work i mean. i'd had multiple customers tell me that something about the environment just made them more productive, which made sense.

i check the time, 12:45 pm.

i sigh, leaning my head on my hand and turning to niki, making some small talk about how emme was, and what the apartment was like.

our talk continues for awhile, before a soft voice interrupts me from the counter.

"excuse me?" the tall, brunette says.

i prop myself up immediately, my eyes wandering over him.

he wore attire that made him look like he belonged in the café.

his yellow sweater contrasted perfectly with the red beanie and light wash jeans he wore. i could see his black high-top converse shoes from behind the counter as well, and i slightly nod to myself.

the dude has a good fashion sense.

and he was very cute.

"i'm sorry. i didn't see you there." i apologize, my voice cracking slightly.

he smiles. his teeth are perfect.

i shake my head slightly, trying to rid myself of the thoughts. he was just another customer, somebody i would probably never see again.

"what would you like to order?" i ask, preparing myself to type the man's order into my register.

"i've never been here before. so what would you recommend?" he inquires, his voice flowing sweetly.

"i myself am a big fan of sweets, so i'd recommend our blueberry muffin," i begin, and he nods, giving me a gentle look-over as i explain my preference to him. "and i am the same way with my drink. i'll always recommend our chai latte, there's never been someone who hasn't liked it."

he nods again, flashing me another perfect smile. "i'll have that then."

i nod, "your total will be 10.76, and the name for the order?"

"wilbur."

———
a/n: hellllooo!!!! i hope this chapter is decent as always plz lmk what you thought of it!! much love !