𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚑𝚊𝚝

tw: mentions of self harm, bloody nose:(

i sigh, closing the door to the cafe behind me, giving a last glance through the window at niki as she takes over my shift. she gives me a gentle wave from the counter and turns back to the ginger she was serving, handing them a cup and taking their money.

i make my way to the car, covering my head with my bag, as the rain was still pouring down heavily. i pant as i throw myself into the front seat, sitting and taking a few moments to catch my breath as the thunder outside shakes my car. i start the car and allow the heat to begin through the vents, leaning against the comfy seat and closing my eyes. i was exausted, work always did that to me, and i had a night shift at the children's hospital in about four hours.

i sit forward, ignoring my seatbelt and putting the car into reverse, beginning the short drive back to my apartment complex. i recall the events of the morning, wilbur giving me the opal necklace that i was wearing now, and him playing me a song on his guitar. i feel my cheeks heat up slightly as i remember the way his hands worked, moving on the strings with skill and perfect rhythm.

the road flies by, i notice my car splash some water up onto the walkway and i laugh a little. the simpler things i suppose. i watch my flat come into view and i let out a sigh of relief, pulling into the parking lot and shutting my car off. i make sure everything is in my bag before hopping out, attempting to sprint to my front door.

i slip on the wet pavement, falling forward and smashing my face on the dark cement. i let out a whimper as my face meets the wet ground and yell slightly as i pull myself up. i examine my wounds on the concrete and whine as i pull my bloody hand away from my nose. definitely bleeding, but not broken. it seems my hands and knees got the worst of it, my jeans were scraped open where i had caught myself on the ground. i slowly move onto my feet, standing silently for a moment and allowing the world to stop spinning.

i move to my house at a painful speed, my bag still in my hand somehow. i unlock the door shakily, stepping into the warm flat, the quiet music playing from the living room being the first thing i notice. emme was awake, good. i call their name softly, my voice cracking with the strain.

"em-?" i call, leaning against the doorway. i scraped up my knees pretty bad, i hadn't taken a tumble in quite a few months.

"jamie??" they call, their voice heightened with the immediate recognition of my pain. i hear them sit up off the couch and rush to the entryway, their face scrunching up when they see the blood covering the front of my chest, and starting to leak onto my (luckily) black tank-top.

they pull me into their arms the best they can, half-leading, half-carrying me to the couch. they sit me down on the cushions and tell me to wait there.

i do, my hands shaking at the sight of my own blood. i really could never handle myself bleeding. i close my eyes, waiting for them to return.

when they do, they're immediately pulling supplies out of our small medical kit. i watch them pull out the brown bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

"this will sting." they grimace, and i nod, biting my lip to avoid making any noise. the grip my jeans tightly and pour the alcohol onto my wounds. i let out a gentle screech as the liquid meets my knees and i shut my eyes tightly, feeling emme wrap my knees up with bandaging. they then move onto my hands and wrists, putting bandages on the bigger cuts, luckily no rocks had gotten stuck in my hands with the fall.

they press a tissue into my nose, cleaning my blood up with a wet wipe.

"all done." they whisper, their hand meeting the side of my face and rubbing my cheek with their thumb comfortingly.

"thanks ems." i sigh, opening my eyes to meet their concerned gaze.  emme nods gently, smiling up at me and climbing up onto the couch beside me. "try not to run in the rain next time, clumsy ass." they tease, and we both giggle quietly.

we sit silently for a moment, their legs resting in my lap. "how was work?" they inquire, and i smile,
"it was great, wilbur came by before we opened and we shared a tea while he played me guitar."

emme laughs, shaking their head at my happy recollection. "you're down bad for this kid, huh?" they taunt, and i smack their thigh gently, shaking my head no.

they run their hand along my arms mindlessly, tracing the scars that littered my skin.

"you ever think about covering these up?" they ask, raising an eyebrow. i shake my head 'no' once again, frowning slightly. "they're a part of who i am," i explain, shrugging. "the same goes for you, even if you can't see them you're not getting yours covered." i conclude, glancing at them.

they smile, "we're one fucked up little family huh?" they joke, and i agree silently, bumping our shoulders together.

i lean my head onto their shoulder, and feel their head rest on top of mine. they didn't talk after that, and neither did i. i feel myself drift off slowly, the dark sleep overtaking my tired body.

glad to be back! expect more content soon. much love. hope nobody forgot about me haha! see ya soon.
-honk