𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚙 𝚜𝚞𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜

i nod, scribbling his name on the side of the cup.

"wilbur! your order will be ready in a few minutes, if you want to wait down by the end of the counter you can." i say, giving him a bright smile.

he nods, giving me a quick glance before looking at the door.

he observes for a moment before turning back to me. he leans down over the counter, resting his head on his hands.

"i've got time, hm? nobody's coming through the door, yeah?" he asks, and i nod, my eyebrow quirking.

this guy was different. he wasn't as easy to read as other people. his expression was ever changing, and his body language was contradicting itself constantly.

he gives me a smile. "so, this your only job?" he inquires, his eyes skimming me once more.

"no.." i admit, giving him another questioning glance. how was he able to see through me so easily?

"i work part time at a children's hospital, and i also stream on twitch occasionally." i respond, crossing my hands together. "why do you ask?"

"i thought you looked familiar." he says, "i've seen you on my timeline a few times." wilbur returns, his smile only growing wider.

"you're friends with minx, nihachu, and traves. and yet you're not as successful as them. odd, innit?" he asks, and i shake my head slightly, taken aback by his comment.

"just not as good i suppose." i shoot back, a slight frown on my face.

he softens his expression, "that's not how i meant it, i apologize. i'm not the best with words unless they're paired with my guitar." he jokes.

"i could play for you sometime." he offers, giving me a grin.

he knew what he was doing.

his grin shifts into a smirk as he reaches his hand out toward me.

"if you'd let me see your phone, i'll p-" he begins, before niki calls his name from the end of the counter.

he checks his watch, which i hadn't noticed before. and sighs.

"some other time then." he says, his smirk still spread slightly across his face.

i watch as the tall boy turns to grab his food, and fast-walk out the door.

i sigh, letting go of the air that i didn't know i was holding in.

all i could think about in the moment was him.

i had to get that boy's number.

——
hey hi i'm very exhausted but new chapter!! as always feel free to leave opinions and stuff in the comments asf