𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚝

sorry for late chapter it's been a bit of a week :) love u all. stay safe.

———

i groan, my legs swinging over the side of my bed. i had fallen asleep last night watching some boring reality tv show, and forgot to turn it off.

i reach around blindly for my remote, still slowed slightly by the heaviness of my eyelids.

i check the time, 3:28 am.

i let out a sigh.

i hadn't been sleeping well the past few months, especially since emme had their accident.

waking up to a crying emme on the phone, telling me that their car wrecked into a tree in the countryside wasn't fun.

neither was meeting them at the hospital, and watching at the doctors took them back for immediate operation.

they'd gotten better since then, but they rarely left the house. they didn't trust cars anymore, really.

i allow my gaze to wander over my tidy bedroom.

my windowsill was illuminated with a dim light from the moon. i look over the many rocks and plants i had laid in the area, and i smile to myself.

i find myself standing up automatically, wandering over to the window.

i shudder as my feet patter along the cold hardwood, and i shiver again when i pick up an ice cold rose quartz.

i move the rock around in my hand, allowing the feeling of the smooth stone against my palm to ease my nerves.

i stick the rock in my pajama pant pocket, and stumble to my doorway.

i wander along to the kitchen, and make myself a quick cup of tea.

i start the kettle and lean against the counter, pulling my phone out of my pocket and scrolling through twitter for a moment.

i hear the kettle let out a low beep and i sigh, pouring the steaming water into my travel mug.

i suppose subconsciously i decided i was going to be heading to the store at nearly 4 in the morning.

but damn, was it the right decision.

i allow the cool brighton air to flow through my open windows as i speed down the empty street. my music blasts from my stereo system, a song in my playlist that i'd grown to love. arabella by the arctic monkeys.

i let alex turner's words flow through my veins and fill me with emotions i never knew i could feel, as i raced down the street.

my vibe wasn't even remotely close to killed at i pulled into the nearly empty ASDA parking-lot.

the only other car that rest on the cold pavement was some old tan volvo van.

i admire the car as i walk by, giving a little smile at the stuffed animal in the dash, and the many things hanging from the inner rear view mirror.

i open the door and step into the grocery store, the warm air flowing through my body as i wandered aimlessly through the aisles.

i took in everything. the smell of the candles around me. the colors of the shelf before me. i look around, realizing i'd wandered to the candle aisle.

i smile, reaching for a "honey-vanilla" candle.

i bring it to my nose and inhale, taking in the sweet artificial scent.

i stay there for a moment, spaced into my own world, before i hear another set of shoes walking across the tile.

i turn my head to my right. the candle still in hand.

i recognize the tall brunette immediately, and i become overjoyed at the sight of his bright yellow sweater.

"wilbur!"