Troubled

"Young master! Young master! Look at my products!" a vendor called when he saw a handsome and tall man passing by. He wore impeccable white clothes and he has a gentle smile on his face. But most importantly –

He looked rich! The vendor's eyes sparkled with greed and his grin became wider when he saw Lan Xichen turned to him.

"Jade bottles?" Lan Xichen muttered when he approached the vendor's stall.

"Yes, young master!" the vendor answered. "These are good products. It can store both warm and cold." He said and handed Lan Xichen a jade bottle.

Lan Xichen's eyes lit up as he took the jade bottle and inspected it, only to suddenly see a crack. "Eh?" he muttered and subconsciously pinched the jade bottle.

CR... RACK! The jade bottle, fine and delicate, broke in Lan Xichen's hands! Both the vendor and Lan Xichen were shocked!

"My bottle!" the vendor cried as he watched, shocked speechless, the broken pieces of the jade bottle fell to the ground from Lan Xichen's hand.

Lan Xichen was agape. "I – " he stuttered. He doesn't know what to say. He is aware of their clan's arm strength! "I – I'll pay you – " he said in panic.

The vendor, who was crouching on the ground and 'crying' over the broken pieces of the jade bottle, looked up with reddened eyes filled with tears. "Young master..." he cried.

Lan Xichen felt guiltier. "I'll pay you. How much is a bottle?" he asked. When the vendor raised his hand, his eyes widened in shock. "What?!" so expensive! He hesitated to pay.

However, it seems that he doesn't have time to hesitate since, with the loud voice of the vendor crying, the other vendors and passersby have gathered around them and murmured as they looked at the crying vendor and Lan Xichen. One was miserably howling while the other one looked pristine. However, since the masses has softer heart to the poor and weak, Lan Xichen was vilified.

"Hey, mister! Are you refusing to pay for what you have broken?!" someone from the crowd yelled. Since one has stepped up to speak, the others naturally followed and pointed their fingers at Lan Xichen.

"I... but the jade bottle is too expensive. It's just so small, and doesn't look that much expensive. My jade bottles are more valuable – " Lan Xichen tried to explain, only to hear the vendor cried loudly. He was torn, and he bit his lip as his face started to turn pale from horror being put on the spot.

At this time, a man wearing the iconic purple uniform passed by. He saw the shop he is supposed to go to, but his attention was caught by the ring of noisy people. Amidst the large number of the people, one stood out the most. Not only because he was at the center, but also because of his otherworldly temperament.

"Lan Xichen?" Jiang Cheng's brows knitted when he saw Lan Xichen's discomfort as he stood in the middle of the crowd. "What the hell is he doing?" he muttered and marched towards him.