Condition

It has been days since Lan Xichen left, as well as Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian who tagged along with Lan Wangji. Without these people, Jiang Cheng's days became peaceful.

Since Lan Wangji said their sect will find a way to cure Lan Xichen's condition, Jiang Cheng remained a bystander. However, that doesn't mean he doesn't care. Lan Xichen, after all, is an acquaintance. He fought with Lan Xichen, along with the other sects, against the scourge from the east that appeared half a year ago and disturbed the peace of the cultivation world by attacking the cultivators, destroying their cultivation and erasing their memories along the process.

Their original plan is to capture the enemy and ask him to cure the cultivators that he harmed. However, that evil person self-destructed. He died, but Lan Xichen – the one nearest to him that time and the leader of their siege, was pulled by the scourge and was harmed. Fortunately, the scourge was weakened, thus the result was Lan Xichen's memories regressing, and his cultivation was fine.

Jiang Cheng didn't know this before, since after the enemy died, during the night banquet the day after, Lan Xichen was still fine. He was a sect leader, and a busy person, so Jiang Cheng left and focused all of his attention to his sect and the LanlingJin Sect, resuming his duties like the days before the scourge from the east arrived. Thus, he didn't know that, after the night banquet, Lan Xichen's condition surfaced.

He figured, the GusuLan Sect kept Lan Xichen's condition a secret, and so he only found out about Lan Xichen's condition that day he saw him being scammed by the vendor.

Jiang Cheng heaved a sigh as he signed a document. "So troublesome..." he muttered, referring to Lan Xichen. However, an imperceptible smile was on his face.

"What is troublesome?" a familiar voice asked.

Jiang Cheng raised his head and saw the person in his mind standing outside, watching him with a brilliant smile on his face. "Sect leader Lan." He called. "Are you – " he wanted to ask if the man was already cured, seeing the familiar smile Lan Xichen has before his memories regressed due to the enemy from the east.

However, he stopped when he saw Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian standing behind Lan Xichen. Their face is serious... ah, no. Lan Wangji's always been serious, and so Wei Wuxian, he looked so serious at this time. That meant –

"Oh." Jiang Cheng muttered. He hid the disappointment in his voice and forced his expression to remain indifferent, as always. "Sect leader Lan is here. May I ask what brought you here?" he asked. "Together with Hanguang-jun and Wei Wuxian..." he added.

Lan Xichen's eyes curved into crescents. He wasn't cured. His condition remained. "I brought them here to explore the Lotus Pier." He answered as he sat across Jiang Cheng.

"But, Wei Wuxian is – " Jiang Cheng said before he stopped. Since Lan Xichen's memories have regressed, that must mean he doesn't remember Wei Wuxian is his (JC) adoptive brother. "Oh." He muttered, barely hiding the disappointment in his voice. "It seems like sect leader Lan had grown to like Lotus Pier during his stay here?" he said.

Lan Xichen nodded as an answer and started to converse with Jiang Cheng, his voice and face filled with enthusiasm.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji who are still outside. "..."

Wei Wuxian sighed as he pulled Lan Wangji to leave after watching their brothers conversed. "Lan Zhan." He called as he pressed his lips tight.

Lan Wangji knew what he wanted to say. "Jiang Wanyin likes my brother." he said. He knows Wei Wuxian has noticed it earlier from Jiang Cheng's reaction. "What are we going to do now?" he asked him.

Wei Wuxian's eyes flashed as he gnashed his teeth in anger. He turned to Lan Wangji. "What can we do? What can I do? Zewu-jun already declared he's also in love with Jiang Cheng and will pursue him!" he said, his voice almost shrieking. Then, he took out a letter. "And this - !" he said.

It was Lan Xichen's love letter.

Lan Wangji who saw the nauseating words he can't believe it was his elder brother who wrote it. "..." he looked at Wei Wuxian whose face is green, his eyes filled with sympathy for his husband.

Since Lan Xichen would pursue Jiang Cheng, then so be it. It's not as if they are against them... aside from Lan Qiren. 

(A/N: this ff ends next chapter, followed by some extras! ^_^)