epilogue

** WARNING: mentions of assault. if this may trigger you, please don't read **

** 4 months later **

I sit in the courtroom. It's been a long month of testimonies and motions and the day has finally come. The day I find out if Tony gets to be free after what he did to me all those months ago.

We all patiently wait for the judge and jury to come back. Finn sits behind me, a hand on my shoulder as I sit next to my lawyer while we wait. Tony and his lawyer sit at the table on the other side of the room. Tony's wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Tony was arrested soon after the video that Shawn, Finn, and I made went out. It became viral almost overnight, and I did relinquish my Smackdown Woman's Championship that Friday. Finn was in the ring with me, and so was Roman and Carmella. The locker room came out in support of me and everyone wished me luck in NXT.

He pleaded not guilty, of course, so we had to go to trial. His lawyer is good, so they got all his close friends, all ten of them, to tell the court how good of a friend and a boss he was. They said that "he'd never hurt a fly", but I was smart enough to take pictures of what happened. I was also on TV in a cast so that helped my case.

My lawyer grilled him about what happened the first time when he pushed me down the stairs. Everything came out in court that day, and that day was only a few days ago.

When Tony was arrested, he was charged with two counts of aggravated assault in the first degree. I also sued him for emotional distress and asked for a permanent restraining order. When he eventually gets out of prison, and that's if he's even sent to prison, the restraining order will go into place.

A door opens and the jury comes walking in. I inhale sharply and watch them all sit down. The judge comes in and everyone stands up. I sigh as the judge takes her seat on the bench. "Be seated," she says. I sit down and watch anxiously as one of the jurors hands a piece of paper to the deputy, who hands it to the judge.

The judge carefully reads the verdict and hands the paper back to the deputy. She asks, "Can the defendant please rise?"

Tony stands up, his hands cuffed together.

"In the case of Tayla Reigns versus Anthony Davis, how do you find the defendant?" the judge asks, looking at the first juror, who is standing up. I inhale and hold my breath.

The juror slowly says, "We find the defendant, Anthony Davis, guilty on both charges of first degree aggravated assault."

I let go of the breath I was holding, full of relief. I've never been been more relieved than I do right now.

Finn goes "yes" behind me and I turn to look at him. He has a big smile on his face.

The judge says, "Now, in regards to the restraining order. I will grant a permanent restraining order. The defendant may not live in whatever state the plaintiff lives in, which currently is the state of Florida. If the plaintiff were to move out of the state, she would have to notify the court so the defendant can be notified of the change of residence. If the defendant and the plaintiff were to be in the same state for any reason, the defendant may not be within one hundred feet of the plaintiff or he will be in violation of this restraining order."

I smile and look at my lawyer.

"Mr. Davis," the judge says, addressing Tony. "I hope this has taught you a lesson to not put a hand on someone. Every one of your actions has consequences. If it were up to me then you would be in prison for the rest of your life but I must remain unbiased as that is my job. So, you will be sentenced to ten years minimum per charge, so twenty years total. You will be doing your time in New York State Correctional Facility and will be transferred tomorrow at seven in the morning. Once out of prison, you will have to obey the restraining order."