twenty eight

Finn and I walk into Finn's apartment to find Finn's parents eating their food on the couch.

"You're back," his mom says. "We put your food in the microwave for ya so ya could heat it up as soon as ya got home."

I smile and walk with Finn back to the kitchen. He puts his microwave on for ninety seconds and he leans against the counter by the microwave. I stand on the other side of the kitchen island. I lean on it with my elbows and look at Finn.

He looks really good in his merch t-shirt and loose sports shorts. He's on his phone and is scrolling through something.

His eyes glance up at me for a second from his phone before he looks back down and says, "I hope ya are having fun staring at me."

I smile and say, "Maybe I am."

Finn laughs as our food is done heating up. He hands me my chicken nuggets and fries. I thank him, taking my food into the living room, sitting in the chair that's adjacent to the couch. Finn sits beside his parents.

"What would everyone like to watch?" Finn asks, grabbing the TV remote.

Finn's dad says, "Why won't we check out some of Tayla's matches? We've only seen her in the ring once with ya, Fergal."

My face turns red and as Finn says, "Sounds good to me. I think I have a match in mind that we can watch."

I watch as he logs into the WWE Network on his TV and he goes to the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view from this year. He's going to the match where I won my title.

He puts it on and goes right to my match, which was the main event of the pay-per-view.

I won the title in a triple threat against Bayley and Sasha Banks, who both still want my title. It wasn't just a triple threat match. It was a triple threat Hell in a Cell match. I was so sore after I pinned Bayley to win the title that I laid around the next day.

Finn and his parents watch intently but all I can think about is what Tony said to me.

"While you were winning your championship, I was fucking Emily, who is so much better in bed than you are."

I sigh softly as the words replay in my head.

Once I finish eating, I excuse myself and walk into the kitchen. I walk out of sight of the living room and I lean against the counter.

This shouldn't be surprising to me. He's away from me for weeks and occasionally months on end. I shouldn't be surprised that he cheated on me. He probably cheated on me plenty of times. I really shouldn't be surprised.

"Tayla?" Finn asks. I look up and see him in the doorway of the kitchen. He looks concerned as he walks in. "Everything okay?"

I nod and say, "Yeah. I just needed a second. Knowing what was going on off-camera when I was winning my title kind of ruins the moment for me."

Finn walks up to me and stands in front of me. He says, "Ya won your first main roster title. Ya should be proud, no matter what was happening off-camera."

I stare up at Finn and I say, "My boyfriend at the time was sleeping with someone else when I was winning that title. I thought he was watching me win it but he wasn't watching at all."

He says, "Screw him. I'm proud of ya, Tayla. I'm so proud of ya. I wish I was there watching it live when it happened."

"You don't have to lie to me, Finn," I say.

Finn says, "I'm not lying, Tayla. I am so proud of ya and I really do wish I was there watching ya and cheering ya on when ya won it. Now, I cheer for ya whenever ya have a title match."