thirty four

*** a week later ***

Today is Survivor Series day. The week passed by quickly because I was retraining myself to be able to wrestle with the cast on. Finn helped me with that.

Survivor Series is in Dallas at American Airlines Arena this year. I've been looking forward to this day for weeks. Asuka was put in the match to make it a triple threat champions versus champions match.

Finn and I carpool to the arena together. He's in a triple threat match with my brother, the Universal champion, and Drew McIntyre, the WWE champion.

We arrive at the arena together. We're swarmed by press almost immediately. Finn helps me with getting through the swarm of people. Questions are being yelled left and right but we don't make any comments.

Once we're inside, Finn and I go to our separate locker rooms. We've agreed to not share a locker room. Not right now, anyway. Carmella and I on the other hand decided to share a locker room today.

"So," Mella says. "How's life with Finn? I heard you moved in with him after Tony attacked you."

I nod as I do my makeup. "Yeah, I did," I say. "We sleep in separate rooms, except on nights where I have nightmares. Then he stays with me. It's not every night though."

Carmella looks at me and asks, "You have nightmares? Is it about Tony?"

I nod again, looking at Mella in the mirror of the vanity. "It's always the same nightmare," I say. "He always says that the entire women's division is better than me and he always says I don't deserve the championship. Then he puts his hand around my neck, I scream in the dream and I scream in real life. That wakes Finn up every time."

Mella looks concerned for me. "How often?" she asks. "How often are the nightmares?"

"Two or three times a week," I say. "I'm talking to someone when I get back from the Thanksgiving trip with Finn and my family."

My best friend asks, "Does Finn know what they're about?"

I nod and finish my makeup. "He knows they're about Tony," I say. "I never tell him what happens in my dreams. He doesn't know that I relive what happened every time I have a nightmare."

Carmella asks, "What are you going to do while you're away for Thanksgiving and away from Finn?"

"He'll be there from Monday until Wednesday but after that, I have no idea," I say. "Just maybe not sleep for three days straight? I don't know if I'll be able to calm myself down after having a nightmare without Finn."

There's a knock on my door and Mella says, "You can call me. Or just call Finn. I'm sure he'll answer." She answers the door for me. "Yes?"

An official says, "There's a visitor for Miss Reigns waiting in the front row by the ring. Says that he wants to see her before the event starts."

I walk up and ask the official, "Who is it? The visitor?"

"All I know is that he asked to see you before the event," he says. "Didn't give me a name."

I nod and say, "Thank you." The official nods and walks off. I face Mella. "Come with me."

Mella asks, "What? Why?"

I say, "Because there's only one person that I know that would want to see me before Survivor Series."

Her eyes widen and she says, "Let me deal with this. You can come with me but let me do the talking, understand?"

I nod and the two of us leave the locker room. We walk out to the ring and who do I see standing front row? Anthony Davis and his assistant, Emily. "Mella that's the girl he cheated on me with," I say as we walk down the ramp.