Chapter 24: Unexpected Reunion

A loud knock echoes through the loud silence of Draco's room.

Draco snaps his head up and looks to the door.

"Get out here now!" A voice says, and Draco assumes it is one of the many Death Eaters living in his home. None of them treat him very well.

Draco huffs and starts walking towards the door. He catches a glimpse of himself in the mirror before he leaves. He looks nice. He finally started putting effort into his appearance after months of not caring in the slightest.

Draco gets shoved roughly by the Death Eater. They walk down into a very tense situation. Draco's eyes widen.

Ron and Hermione are being held captive. Bellatrix has someone in her arms, but Draco isn't sure who it is yet. He is still too far away. He walks in, and the Death Eater who brought him down disappears somewhere.

"Son, we need you to make sure that this is Harry Potter." His father grips his neck, and Draco flinches. Draco squeezes his eyes shut and looks back at the boy being held. It looks like him.

"Well?" Bellatrix says impatiently, and the boy squirms.

"I can't be sure," Draco says nervously, eyes darting around. His father's hands squeeze his neck harder.

"Draco, look closely, son." His father's rancid hot breath hits his ear, and he shudders. It smells of putrid wine and fear. His goblet filled with alcohol sloshes, a bit hitting Draco. "If we are the ones to hand over Potter to the Dark Lord, everything would be forgiven. A-all would be as it was, you understand?"

His hand squeezes and prods at Draco's neck threateningly, and Draco squirms.

"Now we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope, Mr. Malfoy."

"You dare to talk to me like that in my own house?" His father says, and the saliva hits Draco's face. Draco's fists clenched. His father's hand clasps around his arm, and Draco winces.

"Lucius!" His mum scolds and pulls his father away. Draco takes a breath; his father's proximity was nerve-wracking.

"Don't be shy, Draco, come over here." Bellatrix beckons him, and he starts walking towards them reluctantly. What if it really is Harry? How are they going to get out of this?

Bellatrix grabs him by the hand and drags him over. The boy with the mangled face is looking up at him from the floor.

"Now, if this isn't who we think it is, Draco, and we call him, he'll kill us all." Draco bends down onto his knees to meet the eye line of the boy. "We need to be absolutely sure."

Draco's eyes rove over his face. It's him. Draco is sure of it.

Draco inhales sharply. It's Harry. He's really here! Oh, Merlin, he is really here. Their first time seeing each other in a little less than a year, and Harry might die.

"What's wrong with your face?" Draco says softly. His hand moves slowly, trying to communicate that he won't turn him in. He reaches Harry's arm and squeezes it lightly. Harry's eyes move desperately over Draco's face.

For a split second, they drop down to Draco's lips. It was so quick that Draco could have imagined it.

"Yes, what is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix echoes.

"Don't know, we found him like that. Something he picked up in the forest, I reckon." Scabior says.

"Or ran into a stinging hex," Bellatrix says. She points her wand behind Draco. "Was it you, dearie?"

Draco's lip trembles. He has missed him so much. He hears the click of Bellatrix's shoes as she walks away. She says something but Draco can't even hear it. All he can focus on is Harry. All of the feelings that he had suppressed during this year have come rushing back.