Chapter 14: Stop Lying

Harry walks up the steps to the astronomy tower. He hopes he isn't too early. He hadn't given an exact time, and it was stressing him out. His invisibility cloak is still covering him.

He takes a deep breath and then walks up the last few steps. He isn't sure what he is going to say to Draco.

Harry gasps, and his eyes widen when he surveys the room. Draco is on the ground sobbing and scratching at his wrist. Harry pauses. What is going on?

Then Draco looks up with red puffy eyes and a manic expression. His arm is bloody, and he is shaking and trembling.

"Draco?" Harry asks softly. He pulls his cloak down and sets in on the floor. He puts his hands out and approaches like he is walking towards a scared animal. Then Harry looks closer at Draco's wrist, and his eyes widen. Harry isn't a fool. That's the Dark Mark.

Draco pulls his sleeve over the mark, but it's too late. Harry has already seen it.

"Get out." Draco shudders. "Leave, Potter!"

"Draco, haven't we already done this before? I'm not going to leave."

"Then, just turn me in already!" Draco sobs and presses his face into his hands. "Just get it over with, I can't take this anymore."

Harry moves towards him, and Draco starts scooting backwards. Harry grabs his wrist and pulls the sleeve back. Draco struggles in his grip, but for some reason, doesn't go for his wand.

"Why do you insist on torturing me like this?" Draco pleads as tears fall from his eyes. "Can't you just turn me in and be done with it? I can't take this anymore. I know you don't actually want to be my friend. So now that you have your proof, just get on with it. Stop doing this to me, Harry."

Harry pauses and looks down at the blond.

"Draco...I'm not playing with you I-"

"Stop lying!" Draco screams. Harry lets Draco's wrist go and steps backwards.

"I- I'm no-"

"Stop...lying." Draco whimpers as he hugs himself.

"I'm not going to turn you in. I want to help you."

"I hate you!" Draco screams again. He is completely unhinged. Harry doesn't know what to do. Every time he tries to reassure Draco that he is just trying to help him, it only worsens everything. "Please...just get it over with."

Harry approaches him again but stops when he hears footsteps running up the stairs. He grabs his invisibility cloak and throws it over the both of them. Harry presses his hand against Draco's mouth, and Draco struggles.

"Be quiet," Harry whispers harshly in Draco's ear. The Slytherin is pressed tightly against Harry's chest, his arm holding him in place. "Don't make a sound, and they'll pass."

Snape walks up the last steps with his wand out.

"Show yourselves," He drawls.

Draco whimpers against Harry's hand, and Harry backs them up. Draco is so frantic right now that Harry wouldn't be surprised if he tried to get Snape's attention, and so Harry keeps his hand on his mouth. Harry's back hits the pole. He starts walking them around towards the exit. They make it to the stairs while Snape is looking around and doing a various assortment of spells.

"Homenum Revelio"

Harry's eyes widen. That spell will surely reveal them. Harry grabs Draco's hand, and they break out into a sprint.

Their feet fly over the ground as they race away. Harry turns and smiles at Draco. A somewhat surprising turn of events, but Harry is always drawn to adventure.