Ch.7 Hair Rollers and a shower cap fix everything.

***Ember***

"Please stop crying! I want to help you. Maybe helping you will help my friend here." I tried to comfort the darkness.

She quieted down, but I could hear odd sniffling and..... rattling? Who was this? Why is she so scared, and honestly, what the hell did she do to Becks? These thoughts running through my mind made my head ache. I was trying so hard to handle this rationally, but surpressing my own fear and anger was hard. I needed help. I needed Morrigan.

"Listen, I want to help you but I'm going to need you to try and help yourself as well. I know you don't know me so let's build a little trust here." I said as I turned my back on the doorway. I wasn't going to look at her and end up like Becks.

"Im Ember, I'm from Fae. My friends and I came here looking for other Fae, called Devas. This Temple belongs to Veyu. Veyu knows my mother Gaia and tipped us off about the Devas. We didn't come here to harm you. If you're not a Deva, we didn't even know you were here."

More sniffling and rattling. I heard a few rampant hisses as well. She was getting closer...
Exactly how much danger was I in right now? The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I was acutely aware she was closer to the doorway behind me than before.

"I didn't want to hurt your friend. I don't want to hurt you. I am the last of my kind. My two sisters have fallen through the ages. Truth is, I'm trapped here. Anytime I try to leave, I hurt somebody or they try and hurt me. I don't understand how you could help me Ember." Her broken voice came much lower this time.

"Me either. Well, not yet. But I have some pretty amazing friends. I need to have one join us. Can I trust you not to hurt her?"

"If she can help, I will try with every fiber in my being. She cannot gaze upon me. I have no control over this. That's what makes it so horrible. I don't WANT to hurt anybody, but it is my nature."

Things were adding up and confirming my previous suspicions. I was now almost positive who lay behind the door, weeping in the darkness. I never knew there were ever three of them though. I definitely needed to brush up on my lore...

"Ok, I'm going to call my friend. Please don't be afraid. We're going to try and fix this." I offered.

With that, and without hesitation, I placed my hand on the tattoo on my wrist. Morrigan had gifted all of us and herself with one of these bad boys. All I had to do was think of her and we'd be mind linked. I didn't doubt for a second that as powerful as Morrigan was I'd have trouble reaching between realms. Thankfully I was right.

"Em! I feel you. Is everything ok?" Morrigan's sweet voice echoed in my head.

"Not really. I need your help. We are in a bind here, and I'm not sure how to handle all this. Morrigan, I think I'm in the company of a Gorgan. Well, THE GORGAN." I stressed.

"No way!" She answered quickly.

"Yes way. Becks is encased in stone and she is losing her shit. Is there anyway we can save Becks and maybe help her out too?"

"You want to help...the monster? A Gorgan...THE Gorgan?" Her humor came across even in my head.

"Only you Em, only you. Well, I'm good, but I don't know if I'm THAT good. But that's not to say I'm not willing to try. Keep your hand on the tat so I can locate you. I'll be right there, just gotta gather a few things first. Don't worry, I'll be quick."

Relief slithered across my shoulders. If anybody could save Becks, all my bets were on Morrigan.

"I've reached out to my friend Morrigan. She is coming. I just wanted to let you know what is going on so you were not surprised when she arrived." I said aloud.