Green Meadows, NE

In the center of Nebraska, a small sleepy town went undisturbed by the chaos that had gripped the world with the appearance of Superhumans. That is, until one day. The cracked asphalt of Main Street, Green Meadows, shimmered with the afternoon heat. The hot day was forcing the residents inside, but the one brave soul who dared venture through the boiling heat cruised down the middle of the street in his giant black Ford F-150.

Reaching the main intersection, a small twinkle of light appeared in front of him, then he and his truck launched into the stoplight with an explosion of sparks and light. A horrible metal crunch signaled the end of his vehicle. With a pop he appeared next to the smoking wreckage with a perplexed look on his face. The very next moment the sparkle erupted with a bang expelling three people in a brilliant flash of light. Two girls and one guy. A small boom shuddered the glass through the town and a small figure crashed into the pavement with a yell.

"You're late." The taller girl on the left remarked. Her sleek black jacket marked with a neon yellow stripe down the left arm.

"Well, at least I don't have to rely on a teleporter." The small figure turned out to be a boy in a silver suit and cape, his high-pitched voice indicative of a preteen. He floated gently out of the small crater he'd created.

"We have orders to keep the town as intact as possible." She retorted as the other girl gestured to the boy who promptly made a comment.

"And to make sure there's no Supers hiding out." His pale blue eyes stood out against his dark skin tone and equally black leather jumpsuit.

"Nobody asked you baldy. Or you Mute." The child floating a foot from the ground did a 180 and took off down the street.

"What do we do about that?" The guy indicated the smoldering wreck behind them.

"I don't care, make it disappear." She proceeded to ignore him and focused on a little girl who had emerged from a diner halfway down the street.

"Hello little girl. Where are your mummy and daddy?"

"Home, and you don't belong here." She kept walking toward the group.

"Feisty this one." She commented to Mute. Her solid black eyes were watching the girl with confusion. "Then why don't you turn around and run back there where it's safe."

Mute slapped Fey's arm and signed, False Girl.

"She's just a little..." her sentence cut off when the little girl suddenly appeared right in her face, floating, hand in an iron grip around Fey's throat. "Glllrrg." Her surprised face cut through with pain as she and the girl both lifted farther off the ground.

"I warned you." The little girl growled. As if she were throwing a pebble, the little girl wound back and effortlessly tossed Fey down the street.

"Now before this gets uglier," descending back to the blacktop, the girl aged before she touched the pavement. "LEAVE." Her voice bellowed through the silent heat.

"I found one!" A small voice echoed back.

"No Sky! Don't..." Her voice cut off as the now, teenage girl was lifting Mute off the ground before black smoke curled out from thin air and slowly circled her hostage's feet.

Struggling will get you nowhere. The girl's voice echoed inside the others head. Leave now and I spare her life.

Sky zipped forward until he was within ten feet of them. "Hey guys. Maybe this town isn't worth losing our lives over.." a quiet hum reverberated through the air beside Sky before a sparkle appeared and the fourth appeared in a flash and a small bang.