Kitchen Floor and Ramen

Leon is asleep.

You couldn't sleep so you decided to quietly go out to the living room. You sit on the couch and scroll on your phone while you dwell on what to do.

Soon enough you look for a midnight snack. After looking in the kitchen for a while you crave ramen so you filled the kettle with water and put it on the stove and begin opening a packet of instant noodles. Once you put the dry noodles in a bowl you hear a door open followed by footsteps in the hall.

"What are you doing?" Leon says in a groggy tone.

"Oh sorry am I being loud?" You ask almost nervously.

"Kind of but it's fine. What are you making? I want some now that I'm awake." He says with slightly more energy.

"Fine I'll make you a bowl of ramen too I guess. Hey go put a shirt on and nice bunny slippers." You say while getting another bag of ramen.

"But you're my best friend it doesn't matter right? And thank you." He said with a smirk.

"Thanks for the bunny slipper compliment or the ramen?" You ask raising an eyebrow and trying not to laugh.

"For the compliment. Pfft obviously."

"Wait what am I doing why dont you just make your own food I'm not your maid!"

"Dont you remember what happened the last time I tried to cook?" He says giving you an odd look as if he was holding back a laugh.

"Right. Okay well ramen is ready"

Leon takes a bowl and sits on the kitchen floor leaning against a cabinet still shirtless.

"What are you doing? We have chairs you know."

"But I like it here. Come sit down I don't bite."

He pats a spot on the floor next to him.

"Uh okay." You sit down.

Why did just sit down here?

"So what made you want to learn guitar?" Leon asks with a mouthful of noodles.

"I don't know I just saw my dad play it growing up and the first time I picked up a guitar it just felt natural."

"What was your family like?"

"Messed up."

"Messed up how?" He asks again looking very curious.

"What is this twenty questions?" You say sarcastically.

"Hey I just want to know more about you." He says finishing the rest of his ramen.

"Sorry. Well most of my family are either drug addicts or just crazy."

You put down your empty bowl.

"Oh I'm sorry."

"No it's fine. What about you?" You ask trying to change the subject.

"Well I told you about the whole baseball over guitar thing with my dad but uh I had this cousin I was really close to. She uh really liked me. She was like a sister to me though. I feel bad because now we aren't even in contact."

He zones out into the floor.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Hey let's watch a movie." He says now seeming like he is also trying to change the subject.

"Okay go pick a movie then I'll clean up."

You pick up the bowls and put them in the sink while Leon turns the TV on. Leon turns on a movie and waits for you to sit on the couch. You grab a chocolate bar before sitting down in the corner of the couch. Leon sits right next to you. You draw your attention to the movie and open you candy bar.