Best Friends

So far you've been at Hopes Peak Academy for a week. Things have been going pretty well. Your best friend has been Sayaka, and Aoi and Sakura talk to you a lot too. Leon teases and tries to annoy you each day but it's easy to ignore so you don't mind. Today has been uneventful but good.

You were finishing up an assignment for second hour when the bell rang. You quickly gathered your stuff and got up to walk to third hour. Luckily you had that class with Sayaka. You've been looking forward to talking to her since she left the dorm early today.

You started walking and felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Y/n what's up?"

"Not right now Leon. I'm in a slight rush. I want to make sure Sayaka is alright."

"Okay fine I'll fast walk with you"

"You don't even have the same class as me right now." You protested.

"Doesn't matter it's in the same direction." He smirks

"whatever." You chuckle.

Finally you're near class and you see Sayaka.

"Sayaka! Are you okay?"

Before she answers Leon makes some idiotic comment then goes to his class.

"Yes I'm fine y/n." Sayaka says with a frown.

You can obviously tell she's not fine.

"Okay you don't have to talk about it now." You add with a kind smile.

She looks as if she is on the verge of tears. You both go into your class. You start taking notes for a project coming up. Out of nowhere a phone rings. It was Sayaka's.

She takes it out and stares at the screen for a second. The teacher scowls at her to turn it off.

"It's important." Sayaka says with a strange expression on her face.

The teacher protests but Sayaka begged almost shouting.

The teacher finally gave in and let her. Sayaka runs out of the classroom practically in tears.

You could hear her sobbing on the other side of the door yet nobody goes to comfort her so you decide to.

The teacher allows it as the sobbing grows louder.

As soon as she sees you walk out of the classroom she hugs you and continues to weep.

"What happened?" 

"She's dead!" she responds.

"Who?"
"My childhood bestfriend. She was involved in an accident and was being hospitalized. She just died this morning. I've spent my whole life with her!" Sayaka explained.

"Well why don't you go home. Spend some time with family. It will help." You suggested.

"Yeah I'm going to spend the semester at home. I can do school online from there." She sobbed.

You both walked back to the dorm so she could get her things together. School was over by the time Sayaka left. Since it was Friday you decided to go to the park and walk around.

You got your stuff and started walking to the door. As soon as you stepped outside you hear a voice.

"Hey bestfriend." It yelled.

You immediately knew who it was.

"Best friend?"

"Yup" he said with a chuckle.
"Where are you going?"

"For a walk." You said slightly sarcastic.

"Okay I'll come." He insisted.

"I didn't invite you." You walk faster.

"I know"

You couldn't help but blush.

Why tf am I blushing????

"Hey what are you doing for the winter dance tomorrow?" Leon asked while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Wait there is a dance tomorrow?" You say in surprise.

"Yeah how did you not know that."

"I don't pay attention half the time." You say jokingly.
"I'll probably stay in my dorm. I'm not really a people person."

Nobody is going to want to go with me. Well maybe someone...WAIT NO DID I JUST CONSIDER...? No he just tries his best to annoy me...right?

You start to shiver. It's freezing outside. You jog to a bench you see and sit down. Leon sits next to you.

"So why did you come with me?" You ask.

"Because I thought you might get cold."

Leon pulls a blanket out of his bag and puts it around you.

"Wow is that you trying to flirt? Also do you just always have a blanket with you?" You say while raising an eyebrow.

"You never know when a cute girl might get cold." He says with a grin.

"Oh whatever!" You lightly kick his leg and get up.

This wasn't as relaxing as you anticipated but it's still fun.

"You still took the blanket though." He said ruffling your hair.

"Shutup I'm cold!" You say loudly with a giggle.

"See?"

You laugh and joke together for a while until you decide you want to go back to your dorm.

You walk back to the school and to your dorm.

"okay well this was fun." You say closing the door to your dorm.

"Wait" leon says putting his foot in the door.
"Can I come in?"

When you narrow your eyes and ask why his answer was

"because I like hanging out with you. You make me happy."

You try to hide when you blush and eventually told him he could.

"Make yourself at home I guess." You say letting him in.

Of course he noticed your cheeks getting red and he laughed. He turns on your TV and puts on a horror movie.

"How did you know I was obsessed with the horror genre?" You ask smiling.

"Wild guess"

You sit down and watched the movie while leon was in a chair next to you with his feet up.

Turns out leon scares kind of easily so you ended up watching a comedy after.

At one point leon fell asleep in the chair. You fought the urge to poor water on him to wake him and instead just let him sleep there. He was peaceful.