draco malfoy

"She's playing that damn song again," Draco murmurs from the common room, annoyed.

"Turn it off, Y/N!" Crabbe yells.

I sigh, turning the music down. "I don't want to!" I call back, turning the music up again, continuing to dance around the room.

Minutes later, Draco is in the doorway. His arms are crossed and his face displays a stern expression.

"Close the door," I whisper.

Draco enters the room, shutting the door behind him. He wraps his arms around my waist. "Our relationship is getting harder and harder to hide, Y/N," Draco sighs, planting a kiss on my lips.

"Dance with me?" I ask.

"Y/N, you know I should go back out. The boys think I'm turning the music off. They'll get suspicious," he protests.

"Please, Draco. Just for a bit," I plead, burying my face in his neck.

He chuckles. "You're hard to resist, did you know?"

"Oh, I've known," I answer.

The two of us sway calmly back and forth, enjoying each other's presence.

"When are you ready to tell people?" Draco questions, taking a step back to see my face.

I let out a sigh. "Whenever you're ready. I'm in no rush. We can do whatever you feel comfortable with."

"I think I'm ready," Draco says firmly. "No matter what they say, I want you to know I love you. Nothing they say will change my mind."

His eyes are locked with mine, and he speaks nothing more than the truth. I nod.

"Together?" I say, squeezing his hand.

"Together," he agrees, opening the door.

We walk, hand in hand, through the common room. Eyes stare us down, some judgmental, others kind.

"Bloody hell, what are you two doing?" Goyle asks, stunned.

"We've been dating over a year now," Draco explains.

Crabbe scoffs. "A year! And you never once thought to tell us? You let us make fun of your girlfriend?"

Draco's face grows red, but I step in. "It was my idea. I didn't want anyone to make fun of him for dating me. But he said he's ready," I explain, pulling him closer to me.

"I love you, Y/N," Draco whispers in my ear. I nearly miss it.

I'm so surprised, I nearly forget to repeat his words back to him. "I love you too Draco."