ron weasley

What could a HufflePuff girl do to get Ron Weasley's attention? Other than the fact I had nearly every class with him and made small attempts to talk to him, nothing.

I wish the houses didn't divide people so much.

I made my way around the castle, in hopes I might run into him. That would give me a chance to ask about the homework.

Maybe he'd be in the library studying? I enter the library, and the change in volume is drastic. But there he is, sitting alone with a book wide open in front of him. It's peculiar to see Ron Weasley alone in the library, but maybe he's studying? Now's my chance.

I approach nervously. "Hey Ron."

He looks up from his book, running a hand through his fiery red hair. "Hey Y/N. What's up?" Ron asks.

I place my book on the table, taking the empty seat across from him. "I'm confused on some of the homework for Charms. You're the only person I really know in it and, well I was just wondering if you knew how to help," I explain.

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, sucking in my breath.

"Of course I'll help," Ron smiles. "Just sit here." He gestures to the chair closest to him, and I let out a sigh of relief.

I change seats, immediately smelling Ron's breakfast. Bacon.

"So how can I help?" he asks.

I scratch my head. "I'm confused on the essay. I just don't know what I'm supposed to write about. Professor was very vague when explaining."

I look up at him and feel my cheeks flush. He's staring at me. Ron quickly shifts his eyes to the book open on the table, his cheeks turning a bright shade of red as well. 

"Um, sorry. It's just that..." he trails off, shaking his head. 

I chuckle, "Ron, it's fine! Don't worry about it."

 I grab his arm to reassure him, only my hand stays put for a moment too long. I clear my throat, removing my hand. Maybe, just maybe he could like me back? It's now or never. 

"Listen, I need to tell you something," I pause and my stomach flips. "You honestly give me butterflies, Ron. And I just don't know how to get you to notice me and it kills me. The thing is, you don't even have to try. You just sitting here gives me butterflies, and I know you don't feel the same but-" And then Ron Weasley, the boy I've liked for three years is kissing me. 

I kiss back in utter shock, but my heart is swelling. 

We break apart slowly, our foreheads pressed together. "I didn't know you felt that way about me," I whisper softly. 

"I could say the same," Ron replies. 

I smile at him. I'm so glad I took the risk.