cedric diggory

"Of course he'll ask you," Hermione says, turning the page in her book.

I roll onto my stomach, my head propped up on my hands. "But Cho is so much prettier."

Hermione closes her book abruptly. "I cannot believe you just said that! You're gorgeous, who wouldn't ask you?"

"There's a long list of people who wouldn't ask me, Hermione," I laugh.

"Just because nobody has asked you yet doesn't mean they don't want to. You're extremely pretty which is very intimidating," she says.

"Are you excited that Krum asked you?" I ask.

"Shh! The boys can't know," Hermione whispers.

"I cannot believe it! I'm so excited for you," I smile.

She has trouble hiding her own smile. Hermione glances at the hall as students walk past the grass area. Her eyes widen, and I follow her gaze. Oh my. Cedric.

Hermione gathers her books, standing up. "Well, I've got a lot of studying to do. I'll see you at dinner," she says.

"Hermione!" I shout after her, but she's already gone.

Cedric approaches me and my stomach twists nervously. "Hey," he smiles.

I stand, brushing off the grass from my robes. "Hi Cedric."

He takes a deep breath. "I was wondering if you would like to attend the Yule Ball with me."

I can't help it, this is what I've been dreaming of. I beam, "I'd love to go!"

"Great! I'll meet you in the courtyard and escort you inside," Cedric says, beginning to turn around. "Oh, and thank you for saying yes."

I nod, "Anything for you."

*The Night of the Yule Ball*

Hermione and I stand side by side in the mirror, admiring our dresses. My hair is curled, and my night blue dress billows around my legs. The silk skirt swishes at my feet, while the bust is fitted and decorated with intricate designs.

Hermione turns to me. "You look amazing."

I reply, "And you look fabulous."

She links her arm through mine and we make our way down.

Separating at the staircase, I hurry to the courtyard in hopes Cedric hasn't been waiting too long.

My eyes glitter when I see him dressed up. He looks handsome.

I approach, and he holds out his hand. I take it eagerly.

He stares at me, his eyes wide. "You look stunning. You actually took my breath away when I saw you."

I tilt my head. "And so did you, all dressed up. You look very handsome, like a TriWizard Champion to me."

"Why thank you. Shall we enter the ballroom? I have many dances saved for you," Cedric smiles his famous smile.

I nod, "We shall."

The two of us enter the ballroom following the other Champions. And Cedric was right. He saved me many dances. I couldn't have asked for a better night.

I yawn, my feet beginning to feel the effects of heels.

"I'll take you back to the Gryffindor common room," Cedric says.

"No, don't worry about it. You should rest," I respond.

"I insist." He grabs my hand and leads me out of the ballroom.

We make our way through the castle, finally standing in front of the Gryffindor door.

"Thank you for asking me. I had the best night of my life," I smile tiredly.

"I'm glad I got to take you. You're amazing, truly," Cedric says, taking a step closer.

I step closer too, tilting my head upwards to kiss him. His lips are soft, and the kiss is sweet, just like him. When we part, he brushes my hair out of my eyes gently.

"Good night, Y/N," Cedric whispers.

"Good night Cedric," I reply.

A/N: So this imagine was a bit longer than the others, originally I was going to cut it off after Cedric asked you, but I decided against it. Anyways, Ron Weasley is next!