fred weasley

"Oh, cheer up!" Fred says, sitting beside me.

I raise my brow, hugging my knees closer to my chest.

"Come on, it's Halloween! Don't let Pansy ruin your night. This is your favorite holiday," he continues.

I look up at him again. "Don't you understand? She's just gonna make fun of me again," I frown, picking at a loose thread on my robes.

Sighing, Fred stands up, grabbing my hand. "Then I'll give Pansy what she deserves if she comes near you."

Because he's stronger than me, he pulls me up beside him. He begins walking, still holding on to my hand.

As we walk through the halls, students hurry past with mouthfuls of candy.

Fred leads me into the Great Hall, the tables stacked high with a feast. Fred grins at me, yanking me towards the Gryffindor table.

We sit, away from our friends. I begin to ask, but he cuts me off. "I just wanted to cheer you up alone. I need to see your gorgeous smile."

I blush, turning away to the assortment of food. He does cheer me up, every time I'm down. But of course, he's Fred. Just a smile fixes a lot.

"Thank you," I reply, squeezing his hand which I happen to still be holding.

"Pansy's a fool for insulting you. You're amazing, okay? Kind, compassionate, gorgeous, the list goes on. Don't ever let her hurt you," Fred throws his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

Everyone needs a Fred in their lives.

My smile grows wider, and I peck him on the cheek. "You always make me smile, Fred."

His hand rests on my cheek. "That's what I'm here for."