Continuing On

Pressing stop on my iPhone, I laid down once again smashing my face into the pillow. Sighing I closed my eyes trying to convince my body to twitch, move or do something anything! Feeling the lul of sleep call me once again I pushed my body up with my hands stretching my back like a lazy cat hearing that satisfying pops and cracks.

 Once again falling down face first I sighed this time rolling over to the left successfully falling on the floor with a loud bang, my ass finally semi-awaken.

Getting up I headed toward my dresser reaching for my glasses and shoving them on my face I went to grab some form-fitting kakis a pretty navy blouse and some black wedged sandals that had velcro straps, my cute white painted toenails on show, headed towards the bathroom I washed up then brushed my teeth, and proceeded in doing my skincare. Unwrapping my headwrap I sighed in pleasure as the cool air caressed my scalp. Spraying some moisturizing oil on the braids I reached for my rat tail comb doing my baby hairs and decided to put my hair in a high pony, the ends sweeping past my ass every step I took made me feel empowered and feminine. Lotioned my olive skin with cocoa butter I grabbed my clothes putting them on and strapping on the cute sandals. 

Grabbing my tote I fixed my jewelry in the mirror, a simple silver chain bracelet a silver name necklace, and checked my cartilage piercings. The shiny jewelry loved to come out during my sleep.

"Meowww."

"I'm right here baby, which would you like today?" Bending at the waist I held out two cans waiting for her to approach one. After mixing the wet food and hard food and making sure she had clean water I went on my way locking up.

Othello and I had a meeting today, we were to meet with our client from our most recent case to get some background information and some details from the misses. The planned drive was to be about 45 minutes so decided to drive my employee and I there. Better for the environment and not to mention easy on the eyes. 

Placing my car in park in my reserved parking lot I waited for my [paralegal to make his appearance. Glancing across the street I spotted a shiny new Cadillac SUV, the detailing glinting in the early sun. It was the newest model, having seen the first ads for it just this week I was in love.

"Dam, baby. Soon." I swooned lifting my hand as to reach through my window and caress the shiny car.

Snapping out of my stupor, "I will always love you my baby your my first." My hands now petting the steering wheel.

Turning my head at the soft knock on my passenger door I was met honey eyes, the coloring ethereal in the early sun. And for a moment I could've sworn I saw something deeper there, something along the lines of knowledge or experience but just like that it was gone. Unlocking the door, he got in his big body sinking into the seat making my 6 seaters feel like a two-seater. 

Seeing his long legs bunched underneath the dash and his lack of action, "There should be a switch on the side of your seat that can scoot the chair back, if you'd like." 

"Right." he whispered his soft brows furrowed in concentration as he searched for said button. Instantly his scent surrounded me, a slight hint of cologne but the rest was all washing powder and softener as he moved in his seat. Pushing my glasses up my nose I got less in a daydream. Mhhhmm, baby brings your cuddly ass ova' here.

"G-Good morning, Ms. Cienza." His deep voice vibrating throughout the space between us. His glossy locks were once again placed in his low bun that I absolutely had no problem with some glossy locks escaped framed his face. He wore red today, a sharp contrast but one that went deliciously with his coloring. His dress shirt buttoned tightly to his neck allowing no skin to be shown his sleeves buttoned nearly the shirt tucked into black smart pants he was foine and didn't I know it.

"Good morning, Mr. Othello. I have to say you picked a beautiful color to show today." I spoke as I reversed flicking my eyes between the road and the GPS.

From my peripheral I could see his chin dip down as his eyes scanned his feet, "Thank you, I like it also."

Smiling to myself, "Of course. So, assuming you have the list-" flicking my eyes to his form his head nodded softly his eyes straight forward, "we should be able to start putting together a story of some sort. While we do have the affidavit, sometimes during this type of process when you go in person the witnesses tend to let loose some information they most likely wouldn't do otherwise, for example over the phone or indirectly."

"From my knowledge, she would be the main point of interest although we do have others such as the maids, etc., but with her retelling of the story we should have some solid information to start digging deeper into the case." I continued on as I went to merge onto the highway.

"A-Are we planning on getting financial trails anytime-e soon or should we wait?" His deep baritone spoke softly.

Squinting in concentration, I thought about it. As of right now, Mrs.--- seemed truthful, but as they say, don't judge a book by its cover and there was nothing wrong with having as much info as possible. "We will most definitely be requesting it at some point, but let us see how today goes and how well her story adds up, and if it's a need ill let you request it. Sound good?" I asked turning my head slightly in his directions my eyes on the road.

The car was silent for a while the sounds of cars driving past the only noise. Glancing at him from the corner of my eye I took a breath ready to ask again, "Yes ma'am, crystal." My eyes squinted in the slightest at his tone of voice, a strength broke through his words that alarmed my brain, one that I had no time to dwell on because we arrived at our destination.