Interaction

Sigh

Another day, another shitty person fighting for their case.

Walking into the firm I passed by clients hearing bits and pieces of there conversations.

"-he stabbed him in the back, figuratively and literally." The pale-skinned woman said.

"Well, given his family history I'm surprised that's all that happened. I'm honestly not getting killer vibes from him though." Her friend replied.

"Bitch what? You dam right 'cause that's that m-"

"Mila!" A voice called.

Turning my head I heard the sound of my bones creaking.

"Dam!" I muttered softly, rubbing my neck.

"Good morning, Danny. What's up" I asked, her pantsuit was definitely bright today the bright pink burning my eye sockets.

"The verdict on the Brown case has been finalized, another case to add to the belt!" She said excitedly.

"Hehe, don't play with me you know I'm exemplary at what I do, if I wasn't better pray to let the good Lord save yall asses." I smirked whipping my braids for dramatics.

"Yeah, yeah." She waved me off. "You gotta beautiful fruit basket and a card I left at your desk delivered by the newly Miss Brown herself. I also have the case file of the Tarta niño on your desk ready for you." She said, going behind her desk to sit down.

"Alright, thank you. I'll let you know if I need ya." I replied walking into my office.

Walking to my window, I pulled the string allowing light to shine throughout my office. I was proud of myself the view being the best thing about the office. The city waking up at 8:10 in the morning, early risers jogging about and others getting to work.

 The sun rising from the east spread light into my office causing a small smile to come onto my face. 

Turning and walking towards my desk I sat down reaching over to open my mini-fridge I reached for a new bottle of my frosty baby. Twisting the cap hearing the safety click break I took a big sip a smile of satisfaction on my lips. "Aaaahh."

Placing the juice to the side I proceeding to log into my computer, checking emails, and following up with clients.

"Done with that." Whispering into the air.

Turning my attention to the files on my desk I got to work. 10 minutes in I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I called still focused on the files on my desk, fixing my glasses falling against my flat nose.

Heavy footsteps carrying its weight across the room to now what I can only assume as in front of my desk. Reading the last sentence I fixed my glasses once again, a habit of mine, and because of my flat nose. Looking up my eyes connected with honey ones.

Placing a small smile on my face at the fine specimen in front of me I gave him a once over. Clad in a dark pair of slacks fitted at the ankles and a regular smegular loose dress shirt, although loose the material around his arms were clearly struggling to not be hidden his arms crossed behind his back shyly, his eyes once again hidden behind the thick square frames. Eh.

"Good morning, Mr. Secreta how are you?" I smiled towards him my eyes practically sparkling at the newly offered shy piece of meat given to me.

"G-Good morning m'am, I'm very well. T-Thank you." He responded, the accent in voice music to my ears. That's one thing I won't get tired of. Nodding his head along slightly glossy tendrils that escaped his bun bounced with his motion.

"Great! You came just in time I'm taking on a new case at the moment, one slightly heavier than others, and would appreciate it if you could gather some details for me." I asked looking down at the new file in my grasp.

"Sure." His deep voice spoke.

"We'll get into it deeper as we go, but for now a rundown. A wealthy couple who were together for many years was unable to conceive and therefore decided to adopt instead. When adopted the boy was 5 and later on 7 when he was shot to death supposedly because of financial situations. There is a lot of correlation between the death and the father's family but it is not confirmed yet. The mother wants to be divorced and I don't blame her. But what I need you to do is find some clear concise dates of the death, adoption, weapons used, and some background of the parents if you will. I need a good overview."

Looking up to the man in front of me his eyebrows were furrowed. "Yeah, I know." I responded.

Handing a copy of the case file to him, I said "Our job is to make sure Mrs. Alex is once again free. Let me know when you've got all the details, ok?" Turning my eyes back to the affidavit in front of me I continued on.