𝐯.

𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏?⠀⠀

𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏?

They stared at each other in silence for about fifteen minutes or so, and still, nothing was awkward.

Lexie tried to organize her thoughts so she could properly explain to him what the heck was that letter, while James kept failing to come up with his first question, since he was so curious about that girl.

She sighed. "First of all, how and why did you come after me so quickly and second of all, do you want some wine?"

It still was a bit hard for him to keep up with her fast words and exaggerated mannerisms as he spent more time with her, but at least he could understand what she was saying.

"As soon as I read your letter, I thought it was some kind of twisted joke, y'know? It wouldn't be the first time someone tried to pull that stunt on me. But then, I became curious when I saw that you were serious. Besides, your address was on the wrapper." He let out a breath when he stopped talking, smiling at her. "And a bit of wine does sound great for me."

She stared at him with her mouth tightly shut, only nodding a few times as he spoke. Then, she jumped up from the pile of clothes that draped over the chair, going towards the kitchen.

After a few seconds, she came back with two glasses and a bottle of wine. "I justㅡ I just can't understand why the letter would go to you, and not some other Joe."

"Neither can I, and I was hoping for you to have an explanation for that." He raised one his eyebrows, taking a sip of the dark wine she gave to him.

"Well, it's actually one of the dumbest things I've ever done in my life, and I've definitely fucked up a lot of times," She stated in one breath, making James chuckle. "As I said in the letter, I had no one but little Texas to vent to. Not a single soul to hear my stupid rants about how life is a bitch, yadda yadda yadda. So, I decided to just write a whole letter about all that I wanted to talk about with someone and send it to a random address."

"You decided to write a letter about your rants, send it to a random address and then kill yourself." He corrected her, watching her face melt into one of shame.

"Yeah, I guess..." She shrugged, taking a sip of her wine. "By the way, if you're still wondering if your sanity is starting to decay as you talk to a ghost, I actually never had the courage to do the deed."