Chapter Ten

(The Fatal Ending)

Around 10pm, Sane is disturbed in her sleep by a small sound of the door, as if someone is coming inside the room. She turns her head to look, but a male's hand presses a cloth on her nose and mouth.

She inhales a seductive drug from the cloth, and she passes out within a minute.

She wakes up tied-up on a chair in her living room. Her mouth is gagged with duct tape and She looks around but is unable to see anyone, until Gwin appears from the kitchen, drinking a soda from a can.

He stands in front of her and he looks at her with disgust. He pours the soda on her head and he strips off the duct tape swiftly.

Sane doesn't scream but glare at him, as if she isn't afraid of him.

"Look how pathetic you are tied up on this chair." said Gwin, softly. "I don't know what I ever saw you."

Sane continues with her angry stare, and doesn't say a word to him.

"Tell me, how did you kill my fiancé? Did you hire hitmen?"

"If I knew that bitch of yours was Amanda's sister, I would have killed you instead." Sane finally speaks, unapologetically.

Gwin smirks, and Sane is shocked when she sees Amanda also coming out from the kitchen, folding her arms with a scowl.

"So you really killed my sister?" said Amanda.

"Amanda, I didn't know it was your sister that was marrying this scumbag." said Sane, now apologetic to her best friend.

"Liar! You knew very well it was her sister. You even told me you were going to tell Amanda to tell her sister to back off from me." Said Gwin.

He's lying just for Amanda to hate Sane, and to be on his side.

"Stop lying to you piece of shit!" said Sane, and she glanced at Amanda.

"Amanda, you need to believe what I'm telling you. I didn't know it was your sister. I also didn't know who Danisa's fiancé was. Andiswa can confirm that because she doesn't know him too."

Amanda remembered she never told them who Danisa's fiancé was, nor showed them any picture of him. She realizes Gwin is lying.

"Amanda, we have to kill this bitch. Revenge for your sister." said Gwin widening his eyes at Amanda.

"No one is going to kill her. I believe her when she tells me she had no idea it was Danisa." said Amanda. "Untie her. Right now."

She commands Gwin, but he doesn't oblige.

"Over my dead body," said Gwin.

He strangles Sane again, and Amanda tries to stop him but he turns and punches her on the face and she passes out on the floor.

"I told you you were gonna pay for what you have done." said Gwin, untying Sane from the chair.

Sane tries to fight Gwin but she can't overpower him, in return she is  getting punches on her face.

Gwin drags her to the bathroom, and he begins drowning her in the toilet water. He first makes her suffer by keeping thrusting her head in and out of water.

Sane becomes weak as she starts to lose her breath. Gwin thrust her head inside the water again and pulled her back up.

"I hope you are the one who is going to burn in hell. Because that's where you are going right now." said Gwin, whispering to Sane's ear.

He thrust her in the water one last time, but Gwin widened his eyes in pain when he felt a knife slit on his neck.

Amanda pulls the knife out of his neck and Gwin falls to the floor, trying to stop the blood with his hand.

It's no use because he is losing air. He suffocates and he dies with his eyes open.

Amanda checks up on Sane and she is okay. She murmurs an apology again, and Amanda is no longer mad at her.

"It's okay. I forgive you." said Amanda.

They embrace each other.