𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

chapter seventeen | lucky harry

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

The first day of classes were always hectic. Students, old and new, were navigating around the castle to try to get to their newly appointed classes on time. Stella Mason and Hermione Granger seemed to put their conversation the night before in the back of their minds as they walked to their first class of the day, Potions. They made their way to the dungeons where the classroom is located and found they were one of the first people there, not that they minded.

The dungeons were always cold and dark sending a shiver down Stella's spine. She picked an empty table with Hermione as she reserved the two other seats for Ron and Harry, knowing fully well they would be forced to take this class.

Stella stood with her Advanced Potions textbook next to Hermione as the class filled and moved in a huddle around Professor Slughorn's desk.

"Attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all planning," Professor Slughorn told the class, he was about to continue before two figures at the door caught his attention, "ah. Harry, my boy, I was beginning to worry. We brought someone with us, I see."

"Ron Weasley, sir," the boy introduced, "but I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace, actually. So, I'm probably just gonna..."

"Nonsense," the Professor stopped Ron from leaving, "any friend of Harry is a friend of mine. Get your books out."

Harry stuttered, "I'm sorry, sir. I haven't got my books yet, and neither does Ron."

Stella smirked, she knew they were forced into this class.

"Not to worry, get what you want from the cupboard," Professor Slughorn pointed to the cupboard and continued his opening lesson, "now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning..."

As the Professor continued to talk, Stella couldn't help but be distracted by the boys in the front of class, or in her case, the back of the class. She watched the boys wrestle for a book before coming to the group. She shook her head at them before tuning back into the lesson.

"Any ideas what these may be," Professor Slughorn motioned to different vials next to him, "Yes, Miss..."

"Granger, sir," after he called on her raised hand, "that one there is Veritaserum," she said while she pointed at the vial, "it's a truth telling serum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion. It's terribly tricky to make."

After praising Hermione on her knowledge, Slughorn continued, pointed towards the third vial, "what about this one? Yes, Miss..."

"Mason, sir," Stella answered, "that is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example I smell... broomstick polish, new parchment and... cologne."