𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

chapter thirty one | the locket

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        The pounding of her head is what pushed Stella Mason to wake up. She could feel the dry leaves on her exposed skin and the bright beam of the Sun on her from above. Her limbs were stiff, her body laying on the ground. She could faintly hear painful groans nearby and someone trying to console someone. She opened her eyes with a groan as her eyes were bombarded with different shades of green. She knew she was in a forest of some kind.

        "Stella, Stella," Harry Potter knelt beside the girl and helped her sit up, "Stel, are you alright?"

        "I'm fine, Harry, just a splitting headache," the girl stood with his help only to see what was happening before her, "Harry—Ron!"

        The girl ran over to Ron's other side, the side that wasn't bloodied, and tried to help Hermione as much as she could. Hermione was on her knees, hands covered with Ron's blood as she tried to calm him down.

          "Harry! Harry, quickly in my bag," Hermione spoke urgently, "there's a bottle labeled Essence of Dittany."

        Harry sped over to the bag and started reaching inside. He felt books, clothes, food packets, but no bottles.

        "Harry, quickly," Stella shouted as she placed Ron's head in her lap to try and keep him awake. He was losing too much blood.

        Harry grabbed his wand and spoke, "accio dittany," the bottle shot up in his hands and ran back to the others, waiting for instruction.

        "Unstopper it," Hermione instructed.

        "Hermione, his arm..."

        "I know, just do it!"

        Stella took the opportunity to speak to Ron, "this is gonna sting but it'll be over quick, okay, Ron?"

        The injured boy gave her a slight nod before groaning in another wave of pain. Hermione quickly started dropping the dittany on Ron's arm.

        "What happened," Harry questioned, "I thought we were going back to Grimmauld Place?"

        "We were. We were," Hermione wheezed as her breath got choppy, continuing to mend Ron's wound, "we were there, we were there, but Yaxley had hold of me, and I... I knew once he'd seen where we were, he c-couldn't stay so, I brought us here but... Ron got splinched."

        Ron's wound finally mended as well as it could, but it still looked quite painful. The boy relaxed into Stella as Hermione took several deep breaths. The Granger glanced at her bloodied hands before standing on her weak knees and chanting spells around them.