𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

chapter twenty three | love potion

chapter twenty three | love potion... or poison?

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Stella Mason found herself sitting in the common room with Harry and Hermione one afternoon, working on homework. They had been back at school for two weeks now, and Harry was trying all he could to get information from Slughorn for Dumbledore. It wasn't going according to plan for the Potter.

It was quiet between the three until Hermione spoke, "did you honestly expect you could just walk up to ol' Sluggy and ask him to reveal his deepest darkest secret?"

Harry and Stella chuckled at the girl, the boy not replying back, however.

Hermione wasn't finished, playfulness is her tone, "honestly, Harry, sometimes I think the Daily Prophet should call you the 'Dim One'."

Without lifting his eyes from his paper, Harry breathed another laugh, "nice."

Stella looked between the two in amusement as the Granger spoke again, "well, you're going to have to persuade him somehow. Now, you've made it even harder," not getting a response from the boy, she got up from her seat, "I'm going to bed. Stella, are you coming?"

Stella shook her head with a soft smile, "I'm gonna stay down here for a little while longer."

Hermione nodded and made her way to the stairs, only to be stopped by Harry.

"Hermione? I think Malfoy's leaving the castle. I've seen it. Sometimes he just disappears off the map."

"That's not possible," Hermione's eyebrows shot up, "no one can leave the castle these days. The maps wrong."

Harry stopped her from leaving again, "the maps never wrong."

Hermione turned around to look at him, before sighing, "goodnight Harry. I'll see you later, Stel."

The Mason from beside Harry smiled back before turning her attention to her homework. She had one last paragraph to write for an essay and then she would be done.

The two were working in silence, occasionally asking one another a question here or there, mostly Harry asking Stella for help. Once Stella was done with her essay, she sighed in content before bringing out a novel from her bag and started to read comfortably on the couch.

After a few minutes, Harry looked up at her from his paper, "what do you think I should do, Stel?"

The girl pursed her lips in thought, "well... try to get back on his good graces. Act the way you did before it went south. Maybe, make him forget how you acted for him to get upset, if that makes sense."