𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

chapter thirty eight | shell cottage

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        Stella Mason first came to when she could hear soft chatter coming from all around her. Her eyes were closed and her whole body was sore, but she was awake. Her mind caught up to her, reminding her of what occurred, making her want to keep her eyes closed forever. She didn't remember much of how Bellatrix Lestrange's knife found its way into her stomach, but it happened. And it hurt like hell. She also didn't know how long she had been asleep. It could've been a day, a month, she had no clue. She debated over opening her eyes for several minutes before she finally decided to make her awareness known. She felt a hand in hers, a thumb caressing her knuckles lovingly. A closed lipped smile made its way to her face as she squeezed the hand gently. She heard a soft gasp as a hush fell through the room.

        "Stella?"

        Harry Potter was worried sick. He wouldn't leave her side no matter the reason. She had been asleep for a week now. Hermione and Ron had spent a lot of the time with him, but left due to the need to eat and bathe. They had been successful in getting Harry to eat and bathe as well, but once he was done, he went right back upstairs. Their time by Stella's bedside was somewhat of a team meeting of sorts. They discussed their next move, where Horcruxes might be and who they thought they could trust. They had also discussed if Stella, when she woke up, would continue to come with them to find Horcruxes. Hermione warned the boys, mostly Harry, that the Mason would stubbornly tell the group that no matter her injuries and the effects that came with it, she would be coming with them to finish what they started. It wasn't until Harry felt a hand squeezing his did his spirits rise.

        "Stella," he softly spoke, watching the sleeping girl intently, "can you hear me?"

        There was a small groan, "remind me to never get stabbed again. It's not fun."

        Her three friends chuckled breathlessly, relieved at the sight of their friend opening her eyes. They moved closer to the girl while Hermione took her other hand.

        Harry spoke as he absent mindedly ran his thumb against her knuckles, "how are you feeling?"

        "I'm fine," the Mason answered, she let herself gaze around the bedroom she was in, "where are we?"

        "Shell Cottage," Ron explained, "used to come here as kids, now it's used as a safe house for the Order. Bill and Fluer are staying here currently. I knew we'd be safe here."

        Stella nodded as the boy before asking, "how long was I out?"

        Her three friends glanced at each other wearily before Hermione answered, "a week..."

        "A week," Stella exclaimed in disbelief, "well, what are we sitting around here for? We have to go, we have to," the girl tried to stand but stopped when a flare shot through her stomach, making her wince.