Chapter 9: house sitting

y/n: Have fun at the fair Dipper

Ford: Remember, Stan and I are going to play cards at the club tonight after we drop off dipper, so you, Soos, Wendy, and Mabel are gonna have to watch the mystery shack tonight.

Soos: Actually melody and I need to head outta town for the night.

Wendy: and I Gotta a date tonight.

Mabel: Nice girl, hope it goes well, however, I don't have anything tonight.

y/n: neither do I.

Stan: You are both 16 so ill trusts you two with watching the shack.

y/n and Mabel: Ok

Soos and wendy exit the shack leaving you two alone

y/n (thinking): Oh my just me and Mabel for the whole night, lets hope I don't blush too hard or that anything awkward happens.

Mabel (thinking): Oh my just me and y/n for the whole night, let's hope I don't blush too hard or that anything awkward happens.

Mabel: so it's just you and me.

y/n: for the whole night.

you both say while awkwardly chuckling

y/n: I can just play my laptop and distract myself.

Configuring update for Windows 10

14% complete

Do not turn off your computer

y/n: Dammit Windows! You may be reliable but you always update at the worse time! No matter, we have a tv.

Weather anchor: As you can see with the radar and the weather models, the Thunderstorm is going to increase in intensity and head north later this night.

y/n: ill keep that in mind, what do you want to what on TV Mabel?

Mabel: I'm not sure, you have any recommendations?

y/n: How about Quantum Rise's

Mabel: What's that?

y/n: It's an amazing show about these kids who live in Georgia yet every summer go to a place in Pennsylvania called Quantum Rises full of anomalous entities, I used to have a MAJOR crush on the sister, she was always happy to go lucky and bubbly and her voice was cute, kinda like you are, that was years ago though and I lost interest in her and the show ended, thank goodness for reruns am I right, however, if I would have known that I got to live in it even on the west coast I wouldn't have been able to sleep for months.

Mabel (thinking): Oh my he used to think bubbly personalities were cute, I guess that gives me a chance.

y/n: ill get something to drink first.

Mabel: Wait! I have the perfect drink!

She runs into the kitchen and comes back with a pitcher of a colorful liquid with edible glitter, dice, and puzzle pieces with the label "Mabels, Do not drink!

Mabel: I present to you, Mabel Juice! Trust me those objects in it won't affect the taste.

y/n: It smells like a mixture of raw sugar and jet fuel.

Mabel: well you got one of the ingredients right.

y/n: I'm going to hope its the raw sugar

Mabel: Normally I don't let anyone drink it except for family and very close friends, so you should be honored by my offer.