Chapter 13: Farewell

even though you and Mabel have been awake for about an hour, you both have remained in bed cuddling since being the last day, is one of the last times you two will be able to do so for a while.

Y/N: Mabel, if I don't come back next year, will you call and text me about the stuff you do while I'm gone?

Mabel: Of course Y/N, I know how much you love it here and I would be happy to tell you about it.

you start to get out of bed but Mabel clings to your waist.

Mabel: Y/N, come back.

Y/N: Ok Mabel ill stay a little longer just for you.

Dipper walks into the bedroom.

Dipper: Guys you need to get moving, it Mabel's and I's birthday today and we leave today.

Mabel: Can we stay a little longer dipper?

Dipper: But people are arriving and the bus comes in a couple of hours so.

Mabel: Dippeeerrr.

She says while making puppy dog eyes.

Y/N: I physically cannot say no to that face.

Dipper: *sigh* you two have five more minutes.

Mabel: Ok dipstick.

It ends up being the longest 5 minutes of your life. When you and Mabel finally get out of bed you decide to wear the sweater Mabel made you back in July.

Mabel: Well let's not delay the inevitable. 

you and Mabel head downstairs and wait for the guests to arrive, eventually, Candy, Grenda, Pacifica, and a few others arrive.

Mabel: Hmm, I guess Basti never received my invitation.

Sebastion: Ahoy!

Mabel: Basti! You made it!

Sebastian: Well I'm not going the miss my honorary crewmate's birthday along with her farewell.

Y/N: Nice to see you again Sebastian.

Sebastian: Mabel told me about you maybe not returning next year. Just know ill always remember you.

Ford: Alright everyone, let's prepare for the cake!

They bring out a cake with candles that read "17" and then sing happy birthday. They then move onto opening presents.

Dipper: I think ill open Y/N's first.

Dipper opens your present, revealing a fedora with a pine tree emblem on it.

Y/N: you can keep the old one but you can use the fedora whenever you're feeling adventurous or want to investigate mysteries.

Dipper: Thank you Y/N, I love it!

Y/N: Mabel I would recommend opening mine first.

Mabel opens her present, revealing a mug with images of you and Mabel together.

Mabel: OH MY GOD Y/N I LOVE IT!

She hugs you.

Ford: I'm glad Mabel has someone like Y/N as a boyfriend.

Stan: Me too brother, me too.

Candy and Grenda: OTP! OTP!

Mabel and dipper continue opening their presents before eating the cake.

Mabel: What's wrong Y/N? You barely touched your cake.

Y/N: I'm fine it is just that, well we are going home soon and unlike you guys, this was because of me smashing the tv so I might not return but I love it here and, and...I need to go.