149. runaways [narrated]

sunday, 21st of april, 2019

"Just one more time," I say leaving my jaquet on the bed.

"No fucking way."

Harry gets closer to me, in the bedroom where we will sleep for the next two days. We arrived just a few hours ago and got everything ready so we could spend a nice evening together, without worries.

It should be mentioned that we spent all the way to the house listening to Fine Line, at my request.

"But I love that song." I try to reach his phone, where he downloaded his second solo album, but his strong arms wrap my waist from behing and literally elevate me from the floor. "Harry!" I exclaim.

"It's the seventh time in a row that we listen to Sunflower." Harry places a noisy kiss on my cheek and lets my feet touch the floor again, still not putting distance between our bodies. "You're gonna make me hate it."

His arms give me enough space to turn around and face him, while I shrug. I start playing with the buttons of his stipped shirt.

"I guess it's turn for Watermelon Sugar then."

Harry lets me go, laughing, and I don't hesitate to change the song.

"We really should be living together."

I laugh, like I do everytime he mentions it. That's the topic he's been insisting on since he first offered it to me.

"Until we fight and you kick me out," I say, trying to joke about it so we can forget for a couple days that there's a pending decision.

"Why do you have to think about that and ruin the moment?" He asks instead, with a trace of amusement, unwilling to let it go.

I watch Harry while he takes a seat on the edge of the bed, looking at me impatiently. He wants me to be clear about it once and for all, which I haven't been able to do.

Now I feel bad. I feel like that mean kid who couldn't get over the fact that he used to be my crush, so he reminded me I didn't have a chance with him every time he could.

Well, suck that, Cody, I am dating Harry Styles.

But I'm gonna lose him if I keep discussing only with myself and not with him.

I sigh heavily, standing in front of Harry. His big hands are placed on the back of my thighs as his puppy eyes look at me from below.

"I didn't mean to ruin it." His hands provide gentle and short strokes over my jeans. "I'm living with you already."

Harry nods silently, submerged in his thoughts.

"Do you think we're going too fast?" He asks suddenly.

"Maybe a little bit," I say, being honest with him and myself.

Nevertheless, Harry seems to take it as an invitation to wander through his thoughts, leaving me outside. And, just like he does when I'm the one avoiding the topic, I show him I am interested in knowing.

"What do you think?" He looks at me, a bit stunned. "Do you think we're going too fast?"

He thinks about it. Meanwhile, his hand grabs mine and indicates me to sit on his right thigh, with my legs between his. His free arm nonchalantly goes around my waist and pulls me closer to his body, at the same time my hands decide to play with the rings surrounding his fingers, awaiting.

"There's not a marked date for what to do," Harry says finally. "Do we have to wait two years to move in together, three to get engaged, four to marry and five to have kids?"