Chapter 15

The front door swung open. It caught the attention of both Renji and Uriel. "Cierra stood in the doorway. "Is it true!" Cierra mutters with her eyes looking glossy. "What are you talking about?" Renji says, trying to cover up. No! No! No! No!" Renji thought to himself. He started to panic. "I'm not supposed to be alive am i!" She shouts. "Renji turned around completely and looked at her. "It's not like..." he says trying to calm her. "Why were you...." he says in his mind. "You're tired of it, just how many times have I died," she says with streams of tears. Renji and Uriel were taken back by her sudden outburst. "That's what that stupid watch is for, all them times, you wouldn't let me touch it, leaving it on your wrist all day and night," she blurts out. Renji stayed silent as he knew it was the truth. Everything was being exposed. "And here i thought i loved you and we agreed when we started this thing to not keep secrets from each other, we were supposed to be alike," she exclaims. Cierra ran past the two. Renji and Uriel were in utter shock. "Come on we need to go after her," Renji says determined as he glances at the boy next to him. "Not my relationship," Uriel mutters under his breath. Cierra ran as fast as she could down the street. Renji and Uriel began to chase after her. "She's going under the bridge!" Renji says to Uriel as they keep going. "I'm tired and itchy, we won't catch up," Uriel yells desperately. "Why don't you try to stop time," Uriel says as he looks over while running. Renji closed his eyes and envisioned nothing. He pictured everything stopping in place. When Renji reopened his eyes, his pupils were the shape of the numbers five and six. Cierra had stopped moving mid run. Uriel was unaffected due to using the watch and being immune to time. "Come on!" Uriel says as he looks over to him. "I'm running as fast as i can," Renji responds with his annoyed look. The two eventually arrived behind her. Time resumed. Cierra stopped running to catch her breath. "How did you both catch up to me." she questions. "Come back to me, love," Renji says desperately as he moves closer to her. "I can't, I'm supposed to die, it's my destiny, i'm not supposed to be here on earth, I'm supposed to be in heaven and that's what I'm going to do," she says as she wipes her eyes. "It's so cold out here," Uriel casually says while shaking. "Can you shut up," Renji says looking back. "I can't let this world and universe be destroyed because of me, I'm just a simple person that lives just like the rest of you," she exclaims as she looks away. "Cierra calm down, i knew this would happen one day, this is why i didn't want to tell you," Renji responds with a loud voice. "You always hide things from me, how do you expect me to feel after hearing this!" Cierra shouts. "Give me the watch so i can fix this," Renji says, extending his hand out to Uriel. Uriel then was about to hand the watch over before Cierra shoved Renji out the way. "CIERRA NO!" Renji says as he attempts to regain his balance. Cierra then snatches the time traveling watch out of Uriel's hand.