──𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────
──EPISODE ONE

                     "ÉLODIE, SWEETHEART, I'm so glad you're back in Reseda," Marjorie Marshall grinned, pulling her granddaughter to her chest for one final comforting hug before she left her apartment again, "Make sure you swing by after your first day at school. I want to hear all about it. Good luck!"

Élodie nodded, "Of course, grams. See you soon, I love you."

Her first day back had been uneventful so far, and she was grateful.

Truth be told, she was dreading returning to her old school, knowing that people would be talking about her already. She couldn't be bothered with it, not after the year she'd had.

"...So nice knowing you," she heard as she left her grandmothers home, the voice of her neighbour Johnny Lawrence as gruff and miserable as ever.

Glancing over to where he stood, she noticed a young boy who looked around her age stood at his side, clearly confused by Johnny's less than kind nature, "Okay... well, have a nice day, I guess."

The boy turned around, skulking in the direction of number 109, and Élodie forced him to catch her eye for long enough to get his attention, "Don't mind Johnny," she assured him, a warm smile on her face, "You sorta get used to the whole...grumpy antisocialness."

The boy stopped, walking more towards her now, "Do you live around here too, then?"

"My grandmother does," Élodie smiled, gesturing to the apartment she'd just left, "I assume you're one of the new neighbours that grams mentioned?"

"That would be me. 109. I'm Miguel Diaz."

"Nice to meet you Miguel, I'm Élodie," he reached out to shake her hand, but instead she grabbed it and pulled him towards her for a hug, "I've just moved back to the area but... I know it well. And it can't hurt to make a new friend on my first day back."

"You're going to West Valley high too, right?" Miguel asked as he pulled back, confused but also comforted by the girl's immediate kindness.

She nodded, rolling her eyes as her voice dropped with sarcasm, "The one and only."

Miguel could tell there was a glint in her eye that suggested there was a reason she took that tone, but he didn't question it.

"Well hopefully I'll see you there, then. Will be good to know somebody, thanks for uh—uh for being so nice to me, Élodie."

"Don't sweat it, Miguel," her smile was infectious, and he couldn't help the smile on his face now too, "Gimme your phone, I'll put my number in so you can text me if you need anything."

He did as she asked, and moments later she'd saved her number in his phone and turned on her heel, "Catch you later, Diaz. Hope you settle in okay!"

And with that, as quickly as the brunette had appeared, she was gone.

———

"Are you sure it's okay, Mr LaRusso?"

Daniel LaRusso scoffed, as though Élodie's question was ridiculous, "Of course, sweetheart. There's always a job for you here. Oh, and Sam will be so glad you're back."

Élodie blushed, awkwardly staring down at her feet as she thought about seeing one of her 'best friends' again. She'd hardly spoken to her in the year she had been gone, but she hoped that since Sam knew where she'd been, she'd understand.

Well — if she wasn't too occupied with her new friends.

"I'm glad to be back, even though it feels odd. I wasn't even gone that long but I have a feeling a lot has changed," she gulped, and Daniel placed his palm on her shoulder reassuringly.