──𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────
──EPISODE THREE

ÉLODIE SAT AT THE EDGE of Miguel's bed, scrolling through Spotify as Miguel showed her the karate moves he'd been learning from Johnny. She was half paying attention but was more occupied with carefully selecting the music.

"Dude this next song... an all-time favourite," she exclaimed, a twinkle in her eye as she watched Miguel pause to smile before regaining his focus as she looked up properly at what he was doing with a teasing smile, "You really are a beginner."

"Hey! Like you'd be any better," he scoffed, continuing to make excessive noise that could be heard over the music as he punched the air, "I'm learning."

Élodie laughed, standing up to stand just behind him, watching his posture and the structure of his moves, "I'm well trained in karate, Miggy," she licked her lips with a giggle, using his mother's nickname for him as she leaned up and adjusted his arm to a better positioning, "And stop making so much noise. They're going to think we're having sex or something."

Miguel blushed pink, dropping his hands and turning to face her, unsure whether he was more taken aback by the fact that she knew karate, or that she was comfortable enough in their friendship already to even reference the notion of them having sex, even as a joke.

"Miguel? Élodie?"

"We'll be right there. Almost finished!" Miguel replied, still panting from how hard he'd been pushing himself. Élodie snorted, "Way to make it worse!"

They exited the room quickly, sitting down at the table alongside Miguel's grandmother, tucking into the incredible smelling food she'd prepared.

Just as they were finishing up, the door swung open, Carmen walking in with a smile, "Hey guys... Mmm, it smells good in here!"

She smiled warmly in Élodie's direction as she noticed her, before uttering something in Spanish that Élodie couldn't understand, directed at her mother. She sat down, eyes flickering between the two teenagers.

"I'm sorry l'm late again. Things are crazy at the hospital."

"It's okay, you're short-staffed," Miguel shrugged, "But we saved you some food."

"It was delicious," Élodie beamed, stacking her empty plate atop Miguel's as his grandmother began to clear up, "Would you like any help?"

She simply shook her head, so Élodie nodded and returned her attention to Miguel and Carmen at the table.

"So, did you guys decide what you're going as for the Halloween dance?" Carmen asked, carefully watching the pair's interactions with each other. They may have only just met, and so far only seemed to be friends, but they hadn't even noticed how close they were sat, or that their arms were skin-to-skin.

"Well, I was thinking Deadpool, but the costume's a little pricey," Miguel shrugged, and Élodie nodded, "I was thinking wonder woman but I have the same problem."

"Well, how much are they?" Carmen asked softly, not wanting her son — or his newfound friend — to be disappointed.

"Oh, it doesn't have to be Deadpool," Miguel shook his head.

"You want a Deadpool costume? We'll make you a Deadpool costume."

His grandmother muttered something in Spanish, causing Carmen to laugh, and Élodie felt a warm smile spread to her face at the family's interaction. She envied the close-knit family, though she was thankful for her grandmother, who she'd be visiting after dinner.