── 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 (S2)

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────
──EPISODE NINE

"DOES IT LOOK BAD that we're turning up together?" Robby asked, voice gentle as he tried to ignore the heat radiating through his body.

"No, no," Élodie shook her head, "I need to talk to Sam, so... You may aswell go see where Sensei is and I'll go straight to her room. It's fine."

Robby just nodded as they entered the house, spending a moment just watching each other in silence until they heard talking in the lounge, both of them padding over in that direction.

Robby stopped when he saw who was talking, placing his hand on Élodie's arm to stop her too as she realised just who it was. His mother.

Élodie had only seen her fleetingly when they were together, but she knew all about her. She'd held Robby as he sobbed more than enough times — he'd only ever be that vulnerable with her.

"I'm sorry. Robby, I'm sorry. Cabo was a mistake," his mother cried as they entered the lounge properly now, and Robby simply scoffed, "I could've told you that."

Élodie could feel Amanda and Daniel's eyes on her, "I came over to talk to Sam, I should..."

"No, Élodie... Please stay," Robby's mother pleaded, her eyes glassy, "I'm glad my son has you... You've always been a wonderful girlfriend to him and I'm glad you're back tog—,"

"We're not back together, mom."

"Oh, god, I shouldn't have said that," she cursed herself, frantic as she tried to make eye contact with Robby, "Anyway, I know that I haven't been there for you and I... God, it's been hard for me. I want to make things right."

Élodie smiled, able to see that she genuinely meant it.

She could tell, but said nothing of course — she couldn't intrude.

She saw Amanda's expression as she stared at her, knowing she'd be asking for all of the details about her and Robby later given that they didn't know of their past.

"But, um... I have to leave again."

"Of course," Robby huffed, and Élodie instinctively placed her palm on his bicep, to which he visibly relaxed, though he still looked hurt, "Where to this time? Baja, Vegas?"

"Rehab. I need help, sweetie. And it's taken me a really long time to realize that."

Élodie's thumb soothingly ran over the skin of Robby's bicep, calming him down as much as she could as his breathing was slow and heavy.

"But, I... The drinking, the pills... I have to change. I want to, for you," Shannon frowned, and Élodie felt her own heart drop, wishing her own stepmother cared enough to change her actions.

"That's great, Mom," Robby smiled now, and Élodie's heart immediately warmed at the interaction.

"Um, Mr. and Mrs. LaRusso said that you're welcome to stay with them," Shannon looked nervous, glancing at Élodie briefly who shot her a small smile, "You know, until I'm done with my program. You can also stay with your father..." she knew that wouldn't go down well.