──𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───────
──EPISODE EIGHT

"HEY, MRS LARUSSO," Élodie waved as she entered the LaRusso residence with a shy smile on her face, "Sorry I'm not staying long tonight, but thanks for inviting me over."

"It's no bother, sweetie, c'mon," Amanda grinned.

Daniel's mother was over, as Sam had told her, and the family had insisted she come over for an hour or so before dinner too as Ms. LaRusso had always been fond of her when her and Sam were close.

She was eating dinner at Miguel's tonight, at Carmen's insistance, of course.

She followed Amanda out into the garden, where a conversation was already in full swing, "You know, it's bad enough that this monster is teaching kids. Now he's somehow convinced the All Valley Board to let Cobra Kai back into the tournament," he paused to welcome Élodie in, "Oh hi sweetheart, sit down!"

"Élodie, darling!" Lucille beamed, hugging Elodie before she sat down at her side, "But oh, that's horrible. They can't let them back. They're nothing but a bunch of bullies."

Élodie knew what they were talking about, and looked anxiously at Samantha beside her. Sam looked nervous, "They can't all be bullies, right?"

"Trust me, sweetheart, you don't know the half of it. Those Cobra jerks made my little boy's life miserable. Tell them how they pushed you down that hill," Lucille insisted, shaking her head as she recalled the events the kids had heard a thousand times.

The conversation continued between the adults at the table, Amanda asking her mother-in-law if she'd like any potato salad which she declined. There was obvious tension between them as there so often was, so the two teenage girls started a conversation amongst themselves.

"How're things with Eli?" Samantha asked in a hushed voice, curious, to which Élodie simply looked down at her feet for a moment before she spoke, "I think the Cobra Kai thing is changing him for real, Sammy..."

Samantha frowned, "Really? How come?"

"He's just been so... different... and the whole 'Hawk' thing is crazy. He's taking Cobra Kai so seriously, it's worrying me."

"...You know, that son of a bitch has a lot of nerve entering the tournament, especially after everything he's done to you," the girls rejoined the conversation now as Louie spoke, as talk returned to the ordeal with Johnny Lawrence.

"And you fixed his car for free. I don't know, man," Louie took a swig of his beer as the family looked at him, "I say we get the car back. You know, I could find out where he lives."

Sam drew in a sharp breath, "Dad, what if Cobra Kai has changed?"

Élodie was curious to hear the answer too.

"I mean, there's some kids from my school who are in it, and it doesn't automatically make them bad, right?" Sam asked, and her father scoffed.

"Please, Cobra Kai will never change. Promise me you girls will stay away from the kids who are associated with it. All right?"

The two girls looked at eachother with shared sympathy, saying nothing as they pondered what had just been said.

———

"Hey, guys," Élodie smiled as Miguel and Johnny reached the apartment complex. She was stood just outside Miguel's apartment, chatting to his mother.

"How was training?" Carmen asked, a smile on her face.

"Oh, your son's doing great," Johnny nodded, turning to head home