── 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 (S2)

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────
──EPISODE EIGHT

"DID YOU KISS HIM BACK?"

Élodie wasn't prepared for the question.

It hit her like a smack to the face as Eli appeared in front of her as she left her house.

She sent him a frown, seeing the hurt expression on his face and feeling her heart ache at the sheer sight of that, knowing it was her fault.

"Eli," she began, voice shaky, "I pulled back straight away. We might've broken up, but I wouldn't be looking to make out with your best friend right away."

Eli stepped closer to her, seething with anger and hurt all jumbled up at once, "But that doesn't mean you didn't want to, does it?"

Élodie shook her head, placing a palm atop his shoulder as she eyed him sadly.

"I'm really trying here, Élodie. And all this time you've lied to me, you've kept your feelings from me while I've tried so hard for you."

There it was, the proof she'd really hurt him. He never called her Élodie, always Ellie. Or babe. Or princess. Or something of that ilk. Usually that only changed when he was trying to make things up because she was mad with him.

But now that was different.

"I didn't want him to kiss me, Eli, I promise," she shook her head, "I love you, and I know you're trying to change for me. I didn't mean for all this to happen."

He shrugged her hand off him, his face twisting in irritation for a moment before his expression softened again and he looked hurt once more, "You don't want to be with him. But you don't want to be with me either."

"Right now I need to not be with anyone, Eli, please understand that. For everyone's sake. I don't want to hurt any of you," she immediately regretted her choice of words as realisation washed over his face.

"So it's Robby? Jesus Christ, talk about whiplash," she could see that he was upset, but masking it with his still somewhat newfound Hawk anger, "Just tell me you don't want me, for fucks sake Élodie. I was furious with Miguel for trying to kiss you, but maybe it is you I should be mad at because you're stringing the three of us on all at once."

Élodie was stunned into silence.

He was right, really — because though unintentionally, she'd been dancing around in her own feelings so much that she'd failed to deeply consider those of anyone else.

Maybe she shouldn't have agreed to go to the roller disco with Robby. Was that a selfish mistake, too?

"I love you, Eli. I do, and I think I always will. No matter how confused I've been it's always been you I've been in love with," she gulped, returning her eye contact to him as fury encapsulated his features, "I just can't be with you right now... You're right, I've not been fair to any of you. I just need you all in my life and the only way to do that is to be just friends."

Eli shook his head furiously, "I don't want to be just your friend, Élodie. This," he lifted his shirt from his frame, pulling it to his shoulders and revealing a small tattoo of an E on his chest, "Was supposed to mean forever. I love you, but you've never loved me, have you? You just knew me best out of the three of us so settled."

Élodie's eyes fixated on the tattoo, shock coursing through her veins. He'd gotten a whole fucking tattoo for her?