18

"Big girl, Alika." I coo, while I carefully pour water onto her head, cautious of her eyes. She kicks the water up with her feet and can't help but sigh since it splashes on the floor and my clothes.

The joys of babies. I look at her with a stern expression but it only makes her giggle. I can't help my smile myself at how beautiful she is.

I kiss her forehead, she smiles making her baby noises, which I find adorable.

I've spent most of the day with Alika because I had no lectures today and Zac was at work, or so he says. He hasn't done anything else which has led to believe that he's cheating but that phone call replays in my head. Part of me wants to confront him while the other is afraid of what the answer might be.

In fact Alika disturbed my procrastinating thoughts of Zac cheating by crying.

Her nappy leaked all over her clothes and some on her crib. Leaving me with the honour of being responsible to clean it all up.

"Shit." I mutter under my breath when I hear my phone from the bedroom.

I pick up Alika, half wrapping a towel around her and I rush to my phone. Answering it with my wet hand, I make my way back into the bathroom, setting my phone on the counter.

"Hello." I say, putting it on speaker while I place Alika back into the water again.

"Hey, Lee." Eden's voice fills the room.

I laugh. "Eden, how may I help you?" I ask, rinsing Alika's hair. I use my hand to shield her eyes from the water.

"Lee, we are outside."

I raise a brow and attempt to look out the window but knew I was too low to see. "Outside?" I look back at Alika.

I hear Eden sigh and a knock on the door. "Movie night."

"Shit." I utter under my breath. Eden laughs. "Give me five minutes."

"Okay, but hurry because the Chinese is getting cold."

"And I need to pee." I hear Sydney yell.

"Me too." Zola adds.

I shake my head. "Five minutes." Is all I say and the call ends.

Hurrying up with Alika, in no time she is dressed in fresh pyjamas. I brush through her hair, it's too short to braid, so I just tie it up in a tiny ponytail. I kiss her cheek and she touches my face.

I smile and set her on her playmat before I unlock and open the door. Zola, Eden and Sydney sigh. "Finally." Zola says, stepping inside after I moved aside.

"Bathroom." Sydney says, pushing past Eden to jog to the bathroom, kicking her shoes off in the process. "Hey jokattal." She says to Alika while she passes her.

A.N - The Korean in this book is searched online. This word, it supposedly means niece in Korean, but if I'm wrong then let me know.

Eden narrows her eyes at Sydney. "The food." She says, readjusting the bags in her hands. "I nearly dropped it." She brings the food closer to her chest and I roll my eyes, closing the door once she's inside.