3

"Lee." I lift up my head and Aunty Onika points. "Table."

"Right." I say, grabbing my notepad and pen before walking over to the awaiting customers. "Hello, what can I get you today?"

The two woman exchange another glance over their menus before they tell me their orders. I hum with a nod. "Coming right up." I say scribbling it down.

I send them a smile and take their menus, before I hand Aunty Onika the ticket. The door opens again and I look over my shoulder.

Zola and Eden send me a wave before they sit down at a table. I chuckle and make my way over to them. Handing them each a menu, I speak. "Hi, what can I get you today?"

"You look great Lee." Eden tells me. I smile. "Who could've guessed you pushed a baby out of your body."

I grimace. "Don't remind me."

"That night was crazy." Zola says, resting her head on her hand. She looks at me and punches my arm playfully. "This bitch nearly died on us."

I roll my eyes. "Sorry my body decided to go against me."

"What exactly happened?" Eden asks. "Your aunt and uncle were very vague and Zac didn't understand half of what the doctors said."

Zola hums. "The only thing that registers in Zac's mind was that you were alive."

"I've never seen him look so relieved." I smile, remembering Zac's reactions when I woke up from my surgery.

"Oh my god." Zac's arms engulf me and I can't help but whine slightly.

"Zac." I say. He lets me go but keeps close to me, his hands cupping my face.

Zac looks down at me with a big smile. "Baby, you're alive." He kisses me. "You're alive."

I raise a brow and reach up to touch his face, wiping away his tear. "What happened?" I ask, noticing the needle in my arm.

He kisses my cheek then my forehead then my lips, shaking his head. "Lee you nearly died."

My eyes widen. "I did?"

He nods and leaves another kiss on my face. "But I'm never letting you go again, never."

I hum. "Lucky me." Zac scoffs but his lips find mine again.

"Lee!" I hum, leaving my memory at look back at my friends. Zola snorts a laugh and looks at Eden. "Too busy daydreaming about her boyfriend."

Eden hums. I stick my tongue out at them. "What do you guys want?"

"Wait." Eden says. "Lee, what happened to you?"

I shrug. "The doctors said it was the beginning of postpartum hemorrhage, which was strange because it happened not long after Alika was born." I explain. "Apparently the doctors had to remove the remaining pieces of placenta that were still in my uterus."

The two of them cringe and I hum with a nod. "And I've lost my appetite." Zola says, putting down her menu. "You order Ed."

"Will do." Eden winks. She tells me her order and I nod, writing it down.