14

"Zac." I roll around in his arms to face him. Alika is acting up. I nudge his chest. "Zac, it's your turn." I mumble with yawn. He groans and keeps his eyes shut.

"I did it last time." He replies back in a sleepy voice. I shake my head.

"No, I did."

Zac groans, bringing me closer to his chest. "It's my birthday, you do it angel."

I scoff. "It was your birthday weeks ago."

"That still counts, it's my birthday month." He replies and I smile to myself.

I let out a loud sigh. "Fine." Zac smiles slightly and I roll my eyes. "But you owe me."

"You're the best baby." He leaves a sloppy kiss on my cheek, still practically asleep and moves his arms from me. I wipe my cheek and stretch before getting out of bed.

Alika's cries are growing and I sigh, running my hands down my face while I walk over to her. "Alika." I coo, picking her up.

Yawning, I switch on a nearby lamp before looking down at her. Her crib is clean so her nappy didn't leak. I check her nappy and relax when I see it's empty.

"You're just hungry aren't you?" I say between yawns. She has calmed down and I kiss her forehead.

Alika looks at me with her face red and puffy from crying, I kiss her forehead. "Well let's go and feed you."

I sit down on the sofa and rest my head back, pulling down my top. I adjust Alika in my arms. She chugs down the milk, hastily so I know she's hungry. "Don't make yourself sick now." I tell her though she doesn't listen but instead looks up at me with her big eyes.

Smiling, I kiss her cheek because she is so perfect. I hear our home phone ring.

Who would be calling at this time?

Raising a brow, I answer and place the phone between my head and shoulder while I sit with Alika in my arms. "Hello?" I ask to whoever it is. It's too early and I'm exhausted as it is.

"Hello?" I repeat, getting irritated when no one replies. I look at the phone and there is a call. "Max I swear to god, I'm going to skin you alive if this is you."

Alika finishes with her milk and I fix my clothes back before holding her in my arms to burp her. I hold the phone in my hand, growing even more impatient. "Wrong number." I hang up.

Putting the phone back, I burp Alika and walk around with her while singing lullabies so she'll sleep faster. Thankfully it works and I lay her back back in her crib. "Night Alika." I say, kissing her forehead before I tuck her in.

I climb back into my bed and wrap Zac's arms back around me. He adjusts his arms and I smile, kissing his cheek. "I want pancakes tomorrow."

He smiles and hums, bringing me even closer to him. "Deal."

++++

"It feels forever since we've seen you guys." Aunty Onika says, looking away from Alika to Zac and I. "How have you two been, you look exhausted."

"Is it that obvious?" Zac jokes and I snort a laugh.

Uncle Derrick opens his mouth but Aunty Onika sent him a side eye look so he closed his mouth. I chuckle because I was only one who noticed.