Part sixteen

In a robe, Dee Dee is seated on her bed painting her nails. Wine red has always been her color. Tom takes a seat by her feet and take off his shirt. She bites her lip and put the nail polish away staring at him.

"Turns out Andrea worked for Miranda," she disturbs the quiet and start to crawl to him.

"Wow," he looks impressed at her over his shoulder and smile. "How much do you and Miranda relate, darling?"

"Not a lot," Dee Dee giggles and kiss the back of his neck. "She's been married twice and both marriages ended up in messes."

"Reputation?" he asks. Dee Dee let go of him and lay back on the bed.

"Everyone knew she was different since we were little. When she was seventeen, she came out lesbian. My parents told her it's just a stage and if she decide to go out with this girl, she should go stay with her. Mom said that she raised her to be a man's wife, not another woman's wife," she tells him and watch him turn around to look at her. "She's never been with a woman. This time she's in love with one, but can't admit it because the woman is possibly straight."

"Most young women are gay for older women," Tom smiles and start to crawl towards her. "I read that somewhere."

"Well, handsome, I was kind of hoping you would read me tonight," she winks at him and put her hands above her head. He laughs softly and balance himself over her without resting on her stomach.

"I'll read you, but no sex, okay?" he whispers and starts to kiss her neck. She rolls her eyes and touch his back. He undo her robe and kiss down her body. She grab his face and kiss his lips. He open his mouth on hers feeling her hand go down against his stomach into his pants. She suck on his bottom lip and take his penis in her hands stroking it.

It took Miranda a whole hour just staring at the recorder in front of her. She take the tape out and turn it around to see if there's anything else recorded. Nothing. She rewinds it and take a brief second to make her final decisions. Her finger press on the record button.

"I have no idea how to start this," Miranda mutters and inhale deeply. "We started on the wrong note and ended it somewhere between anger and confusion. I was so angry when you left, Andrea. I was pissed to be honest. Not because my assistant walked away, but because I drove you away. Of all the girls that ever worked for me, I was never in my life impressed with anyone the way I was with you. You've got your dream job and I'm so happy for you. I just wish we were a little more honest in the beginning so that we knew how to work this out. I wanted to ask you to apologize and beg me to have your job back, but not having you there is better for both of us. You weren't my assistant, Andrea. You worked for me, but I felt like you were more. I felt we became friends and then...then we blew it."

Miranda wipe away her tears and look down starting to shake up with tears.

"I'm sorry, Andy. I didn't mean for you to walk away or feel worthless the way I tried to make you feel because I wanted to fight my inner voices. I know you hate me, but I was wondering if we can have dinner this once. No work or anything. Just...just us. I don't want one of us to be the one who got away. We deserve better than this. If we can't be friends or anything else, let's at least end this the right way. You'll know how to find me," she says and look up. She press the stop button and shakes her head putting it down.

Andrea stare at the fountain in front of her and smile softly. Last time she saw a fountain, she threw her phone away. She turn her head with an odd look seeing Miranda on the other side of the fountain. She's talking on the phone. Miranda shakes her head in disbelief and put the phone down looking at the fountain. Her eyes catches Andrea's. The girl wave awkwardly at her and fold her arms. The woman turns around to walk away, but stop in her tracks. She's always running away. Andrea watch her turn around and walk around the fountain up to her which makes her do the same.

"Hi," Andrea greets her awkwardly. Miranda take her sunglasses off and go into her handbag. She takes the recorder out and hold it to Andrea. "Thanks. I forgot it."

Miranda doesn't say a word. She juat stares at her waiting for her to turn around and walk away. Andrea look down at the recorder seeing it's rewinded to the beginning of the tape. Her eyes go up to meet Miranda's.

"I don't know the restaurants here. Any suggestions?" Miranda asks.

"Uhmmm, Dee Dee spoke something about apples and bees," she replies and shrug her shoulders. "I think she's talking about Applebee's. I saw it when I..."

"That's all," Miranda says and puts her glasses back on. "See you around, Andrea."

"Yes, Miranda," Andrea nod with tears in her eyes. Miranda tries her best to keep her guard up. The two walk away from each other and for the very first time, Miranda stopped and turn around to watch her leave. A smile climb up on her lips and all she can hope for is that everything will fall in place again.

***
This is turning into a whole different level of a crossover.

I don't want to rush this at all, but I'm just as excited to do this.

I haven't had the time to see of there's more The prom fanfictions on Wattpad.

Comment if you know about some or tag me. I will only read them after I've finished this book. I don't want anyone to have the idea that I'm stealing someone else's ideas.

Thank you for the votes and comments. That's the reason I'm continuing this. Also, tell me if the songs I attach at the top are okay.

Love
Xxx