Part two

All of a sudden it felt like this day couldn't get worst. A huge fight breaking out in the gym about Emma's live stream that went viral and now there's a bunch of idiots who's telling her she was only seeking attention. Tom nearly exploded, hopefully, this awful day won't chase Dee Dee away tonight.

"I feel awful," Dee Dee complains laying on her bed in the hotel. Angie laughs and lays down next to her. "I don't want him to think I only want to live there for the while because I have nowhere to go and no money."

"So it's not about the money?" Angie jokes. Dee Dee rolls her eyes and folds her arms hopelessly. "Oh come on Dee.  He likes you."

"Don't try that shit with me. Barry tried to convince me, I nearly fell for it," she says. Angie smiles unhappily and looks at her.

"Dee Dee, you know how I feel about true love. I'm a demisexual darling. Take it from a demi," she says. Dee Dee laughs softly and shakes her head looking at the ceiling. "Dee, remember that time when we went touring to Australia? You are afraid of flights so we had to hold your hand through the whole thing? I know you're afraid to fall in love again especially after your divorce, but we'll be here to hold your hand. It's time you start living my darling. The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it."

"Wait a second," Dee Dee glares at her. "Did you watch 'the wolf of wallstreet'?"

"Yes, I did. It's inspiring," she sighs and looks at the ceiling. "You've changed Dee. It was always all about you, you had no worries about others and you always put yourself first. Now all of a sudden you're afraid of what Tom will think and feel. This is unlike you."

"Maybe that's why I was so selfish. If I didn't put myself first, I would've stayed married to that idiot. I can't break again, Angie. I know I've said it many times and I'll say it again. I'm over him, but it still hurts. I've dedicated my life to this man who didn't even want children. Now look at me, I'm forty-something and I have no life, no family, and no job anymore."

"You can start over again," Angie whispers and take her hand. "Come on, I'll help you pack. You will go live with Tom Hawkins and realize that it's never too late to find your feet all over again."

"I can't believe I'm considering this," Dee Dee says and roll off the bed up to her feet. Angie jumps up and immediately starts packing her clothes for her.

Tom nervously looks at the time around his arm. When he looks up he sees Dee Dee nearly falling herself to death over her luggage. He gets out and goes to her to help her get it in his car.

They're both excited to fall asleep in the same house, have dinner together and wake up with someone in their presence. Dee Dee feels like this whole thing is going to change her into a completely different person.

"How was your day?" Dee Dee asks and throws herself down on the sofa next to Tom. He looks at her and sits back.

"Horrible," he replies and looks at her. "What about you?"

"Boring," she says and lays down on the sofa staring at the television in front of her. "Are you watching anything?"

"Not really," he replies and takes her feet putting them on his lap.

"Tom, can I ask you a personal question?" she asks softly. He takes her shoes off and starts to rub her feet. She feels her feet aren't very clean, but doesn't mind the male touch at all. He nods his head at her. "Do you have children?"

"No, I...I uhmmm... No, I don't," he replies. Dee Dee knows there's more to it, but if he wants to talk about it, he will. "Do you?"

"Nope," she responds and wiggles her toes. He immediately realizes she's ticklish under her feet. "Eddie never wanted children. I wish I...I never listened to him."

Tom looks confused at her. Dee Dee looks down and rests her head against the couch sadly.

"Dee Dee?"

"I never told anyone the truth," she whispers and looks at him. There's a shiver coming from her mouth. He gives her an odd look. "I got pregnant with his baby and then..."

"Did you get a miscarriage?" Tom asks when she stops speaking. She shakes her head and looks down starting to sniff. Tom sits up straight horrified. "You aborted it, didn't you?"

"I had no choice," she cries. He moves closer to her and put his arms around her shoulders. "If I knew what his reaction would've been, I would've left without telling him I'm expecting."

"Dee Dee, you didn't know," Tom says and grabs her face looking at her eyes. "You didn't know my girl. It's okay."

She shakes her head and drops her face on his chest. Tom rubs her back and kisses her hair shaking his head in disappointment.

***

I really don't want to rush the story, but I saw how fast I picked up reads and the amazing comments. I don't want to leave my readers hanging.

Thank you for the votes and comments.

Love.