Chapter 3

I saw a smile appearing on Ben's face through the rear mirror.

"Copy that, sir" he said. He suddenly floored the gas, violently pushing Alicia and I against our seats.

"Oh god" whispered Alicia. "Oh god oh god oh god oh god." The smile on her face had disappeared and a slight fear had replaced it. I was calmly observing her. I was used to it by now. I saw her grabbing the door handle to hold on to. She just kept looking forward. We were rapidly gaining terrain on the car in front of us, still accelerating. Ben released the gas, switched gear, and then floored the pedal again, causing Alicia and I to come loose of our seats only to be pushed against them once more.

"Oh god oh god," she continued. "Oh god oh god Oh God Oh GOD OH GOD!" We now only were a couple of meters away from the car in front of us. That car was going around 60 kilometres an hour, but we were going nearly double that speed and were accelerating still. Ben sharply switched to the right lane, taking over the car in front of us. Another car was driving there however, so we slalomed back to the left lane. The bikes took a central position between both lanes, barely turning to take over both cars. You'd think it was impossible for a car to get rid of two bikes in a city, with them being more agile than us. But what a bike gained in manoeuvrability, we gained in speed. And the bikes couldn't do their turns as sharply as usual, since they had a passenger to deal with. Still, it was very difficult. But not for Ben.

We slalomed between more cars. The bikes, still in the middle of the lane, passed the cars like water flowing between rocks. I looked back at Alicia. Her fingers were white from holding the door. Her eyes were wide open. I couldn't help but laugh a little. She looked at me with both fear and surprise in her eyes. I grimaced and looked forward again, as if all of this was nothing. Of course I was used to this, but this was intense for me also. I didn't want to show her that though. I wanted to look cool, so I pretended as if I barely noticed it.

We took a right turn. We were now pushed towards the left side of the car. If I hadn't seen the turn coming, It would probably have thrown me on Alicia's lap. Around the corner I spotted a traffic jam for a red light. I didn't see any other options, beside a narrow passage on the left that was merely an ally, barely big enough for our car.

"But it was big enough. And I know Ben knows that too"

I looked at Alicia. Even though I told her to buckle up, she hadn't put her seatbelt on again after hanging out the window. I knew we were about to turn sharply left, but she didn't. She wasn't ready. Any sane person would expect us to stop. But I knew Ben wouldn't. Ben was a former F2 race pilot. He saw possibilities no one else saw. What others would consider flat out insane, was a risk he was willing to take. He knows this car and it's possibilities, and drove it to its limits. We would make the turn now any second. I lifted my left arm. Ben braked, causing Alicia to come loose again from her seat. I was prepared however, so I remained stationary. Violently, Ben turned the wheel left, placing his hand on the right of his other hand, over and over again. I felt a force of great magnitude pressing my side against the door. If the door were to give way, I would be out on the streets, even with a seatbelt on. Alicia however wasn't braced and neither was she wearing a seatbelt. She had no door to lean against, yet experienced an equal force. She flew towards the right of the car. Towards me. Her head landed on the left side of my chest and her body followed quickly after, flying in my side. I put my arm down again, grabbing her shoulder with my arm behind her neck. I felt her grabbing my arm for greater stability and placing her right hand on my leg, halfway between my knee and my belly, her fingers on the inside. It caused my body to quickly shiver, as I had expected her to place her hand on my knee and not so far up. All though she was still quite far away, it is a somewhat moderate erogenous zone. I had no clue weather she did it merely out of fear, or if she was using that fear as an excuse to touch me like that.