- Il Diavolo mi ama -

______

Risotto already had my bag ready as I ran upstairs going to pack quickly, his face was somewhat.. for the lack of better words, sad. He helped himself to play "Old Money" by Lana, "Be safe alright? I'll catch up with you later." I thanked him but before I ran off knowing how impatient Dia could be. I kissed him goodbye before the record came to a stop.

The drive was somewhat oddly slow, I've taken notice that Diavolo really likes Lana del Rey, an American singer/ songwriter. I will admit she's pretty and has a soft face that matches her voice. I sometimes don't like to stare at Dia for too long, I feel like he'd get mad at me for it but I could honestly stare at him all day if I could.

"Kiddo."
"Huh?..."

He grabbed his cigarette and let it hang outside the window, You shuffled your feet into a different position where your knees touched your chest while holding the worn pink book close to you.

"Watch'a writing about? You've been shoving your nose in that book for an hour already."
"Nothing just drawing and stuff.."
"Mm, hand me That CD will you sweetheart?"

My hand grabbed what appeared to be another Lana Cd I read the title out loud, "The other Woman.. damn this girl either has serious issues or is good at story telling.." Diavolo scoffed and put away the last Cd, once the music started he sort of leaned back looking relaxed but his arms said otherwise, his sun kissed skin was glowing and his long fischia hair curled perfectly, making you a bit self conscious.

"Do you listen to any other artist? Or is this Lana girl your muse?"
"Mm, I think George Michael is good, also Brittney Spears and.. 21 Savage."

You looked at him perplexed.

"You like rap? I'd never imagine, what about your dislikes in life?"
"I absolutely hate. The smell of tape and unknown stickiness.. also. I hate being touched by people I'm uncomfortable with."

You sort of blushed since he just basically confirmed that he's comfortable with you.

"How about you Y/n.?"
"Me? Oh- I like a bit of everything, depending on my mood honestly, but for some reason I can't name any."
"Mm."

The rest of the ride was silent and before falling asleep he pulled into a gas station and decided to use the restroom and buy snacks. You grabbed a blueberry and cherry slushy and a bag of chips waiting in line and being the only girl the men inside tried touching you and others laughed and cat called.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here all alone?"
"Mm. Nothing.."
"Aw she's shy, a little shy mouse. You looking to ditch the moron in the bathroom?"
"No.. I don't want any trouble please."

In an instant a gun went off from your left causing you to drop the drink as the men shouted, Diavolo slowly walked over to you grabbing your arm and leading you to the drink machine. "Grab whatever you want dear." Before turning around you grabbed his arm and whispered "please let's just leave.." he bent over and removed his shades and harshly told you.. "Grab. What you. Want. And don't.. turn around til I say so."

You turned around and grabbed a new slushy cup filling it up again slowly, the sound of men shrieking and yelling could be heard as the sound of firearms going off and with the sounds of someone punching echoed in the small store. You slightly shuffled to the right and picked up more snacks trying to keep your sight occupied forwards, a hand touched your shoulder as you slowly turned around seeing Diavolo taking a drag from his new cigarette. "Is that all you want..? Alright, let's get going."

Diavolo grabbed a blanket from the trunk, he somewhat tucked you in and kissed your forehead before beginning to drive.

- ♡ -