notice me

"So we're going right?" Maya asks

"Yea."Leah says

"Where guys?" I don't know I was spacing out till now.

"Whattt, you haven't been paying attention? Robbie's party tonight!" Maya says sounding annoyed.

"Oh okay coool." I say

"Okay see you tonight. Bye" Maya and Leah say

After school I do my homework as usual. I really don't feel like going to the party but oh well. I hear the doorbell. It's Adam I guess it's about time for Sally's violin classes. Sally runs down the stairs to open the door. Im in the kitchen. While going upstairs, Adam sneaks into the kitchen.

"Heyy!"

"Hi Adam."

"Stop sounding so bored."

I frown a little and he chuckles and goes upstairs. I go back to my room. I finish my homework after about an hour and I hear the door closing. I think Adam has gone.
Its about time to get ready for the party. I choose to wear a turtle neck top with a short pencil skirt and black heels. Not too much makeup just lipstick and mascara. I put my hair into a messy ponytail. It looks pretty cute. Okay it's time to head out.

As I open the door I see Maya and Leah waiting for me.
"You look great but please be quick next time."

"I'm sorry girls" I say

We play songs while we drive there. I am already so tired and the party hasn't even started yet. As we enter the party, my eyes set right upon a guy in the corner. Drinking and chatting with other guys. It's Adam. He looks at me and waves. I wave back and he starts walking towards me.

"Hey" I say

"Heyy" he says back

"Maya, Leah this is Adam. He's my friend." I introduce them

"Hey Adam"they just talk to each other casually.

Oh shooot!
Rio is standing there holding hands with a  gurl. I'm sure that's not his gf but I haven't told Maya and Leah about the break up yet. I fucked up. Maya looks around and glances at Rio and she looks at me.

"Hey Maya look isn't that Steve and his friends? He's waving at you." Says Leah looking at a group of guys.

"Oh yea, Sherry do you mind if we go and talk to him?" Maya asks looking a bit uncomfortable. I guess it's because I hid the fact that I broke up with Rio from them.

"No go ahead." I say smiling fake.

They ask me if I wanna join but I refuse as I will feel out of place I don't know who this Steve is.
They walk away from me. I am so fucked up. I don't know why am I like this. I look at Adam he looks sorry.

I look at Adam and he looks scared? I don't know. He must think it's his fault that the atmosphere between us three was so tense just now.

"Hey it's not your fault. Don't worry I'll talk to them." I say reassuring him.

"Wanna go get some air and maybe a drink?"

I nod.
We are sitting by the pool there's no one.
"So why did you not tell them?" Adam asks me bringing me back to reality.

"I don't know."

"Mm hmm" he says not prying. I like that about him. If he feels like the other person doesn't feel like telling him something he respects it.

"I feel disconnected. With everyone. I love them and they're my best friends. But I'm not me anymore. I just don't know how to talk to them anymore. Its so hard." I say sighing

He just listens to me.
We sit in silence for some time.

"By the way you look really good. Like really good." He says

"Do I? Well thank you!" He smiles and it's back to being silent. I just feel so comfortable around him. Even the silence is not awkward! What else can you ask for.

"Adam I fucked up right?"

"No you didn't. You're just growing it's alright to be not okay. They're your friends right? Just talk to them. However uncomfortable it is just do it. Thats how you reach the kinda comfort you're seeking."

It makes sense.
"Also I love it when you swear."he says smiling

"You're weird." I say smiling

"Wanna go back inside?" He says

"Yea please."

"Am I that boring?" He says making a really cute face

"Eee yess. Oh fuck did I just say that out loud."

"Yes you did" he says

We walk back inside. The mood is pretty chill. Everybody is having fun or that's what it looks like. I see Maya and Leah having fun with some guys, they look better now not as angry. I want to talk to them now but I think I'll do it later. I'll bake some cookies for them and go over to their house.

"I think I'm gonna leave." Adam says

"Me too, without Maya and Leah it's boring. I only came here cos they asked me so yea me too."

"Want me to drop you?"

"That'd be really nice of you."

We walk out of the party. I just remembered that it's going to be his bike. Oh no. It's so fricking cold. He senses my emotions.

"Don't worry we'll ride super slow."

"You're sweet."

I get behind him. I hold him gently around either side of his waist. I hold onto his shirt like kids usually do. I don't know why but that's the only way I know. He rides really slow. I am looking around, our town is a small town. There are not not many people around night it's very quiet and nice. The street lights are really prettyyy. Just when I hear it, "notice me" by role model is playing. It's some kinda event in the neighborhood I guess. Probably something for teenagers cos the adults definitely won't like the lyrics. Even tho it's not loud it's just the perfect sound. I absolutely love this song. So muchh!!

"Adam can you please stop for a while?"

"Yea sure" he stops by and I get off his bike.

"Can you please dance with me? This is my favourite song and this vibe is just soooooooo perfect. Please. Please. Please."

He smiles and hands out his arm offering it to me. He takes my hand and puts it on his shoulder and holds me by my waist. His hand is so big. I realised it for the first time. He pulls me closer to him. And I love this song so fucking much. He slowly moves back and forth. He's so good at it oh my god.  I move a bit closer to him. And we just dance under the beautiful street lights.

The song ends. And I step back. He takes his hands back.

"So let's go? Or something else?"

"Yea let's go and thanks"

"Stop it how many times do I have to tell you? Don't keep saying thanks. It's annoying."

I get behind him and lean a little towards his back. He is riding the bike very slow. He's so considerate.

*

I don't know why I but I like this chapter. More like I love this chapter. I like how theres no sexual tension between Adam and sherry when they were dancing,( for now atleast lol). The song that I mentioned does so many things to me. It gives me all kinda feels. I don't know this is just something I like to do(talking about writing this). Anyway hope you liked this chapter, hope it's not too slow or fast.
So yea see you next time. Have a great day/night.